• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

7 Steps to Heaven

Barbosa

Hi All

I've been working a bit on my site making some minor adjustments, i don't want it to stray to far away from the default look (trust me there's a reason for this). Anyways listed below are seven things that i need to do in the next seven days (got the week of work yeeeeeerrrrr) :D Once these seven things are done the site is ready to rock, and i will surely be in Osheaven. If you can help with one or more of the topics not only will you have saved this soul from eternal damnation you will also have a friend 4 life.

1. When a customer buys a product from the website they receive an email from Harald Ponce de Leon <root@localhost>. Which file do I need to change so that the email is from Admin [email protected]

2. My site is a music download site and I want users to obviously listen to the music before they purchase. All I want is a simple play/stop button next to the product. Nothing heavy.

3. Keywords & Metatags: I know absolutely nothing about this. I?ve read that there are contributions that sort of do this for you but I don?t understand them. Can someone please point me in the direction of one and more importantly briefly tell me what I need to do, as 9 times out of 10 the installation instructions aren?t clear and assume a lot of previous knowledge.

4. I want to remove the counter at the bottom left and side of the site. How can I do this?

5. How do I change the ?Buy Now!? button to a ?Get It? button? Do I have to create new buttons? Or can I change the text on the buttons?

6. I want 2 banners, I?ve currently got one at the bottom of the page which changes image on refresh but I want two separate banners one at the top left side of the page how do I do this.

7. I want to change the colour of the back ground and of the boxes.

Thank you very much good people of forums.oscomm

Barbosa

1. You should read the demos you pointed another forum user to in another thread. They tell you how to do this.

2. Don't know - don't go digital downloads.

3. cDynamic Meta Tags Contribution, or else the Header Tags Contribution.

4. Remove from includes/footer.php

5. You need to make a new button (image)

6. Take the code for banners form includes/footer.php and place it where you want the second banner to appear. It may deliver the same banner in both places at the same time.

7. The stylesheet.css file controls this.

Vger

1. You should read the demos you pointed another forum user to in another thread. They tell you how to do this.

True, that was a bit dumb of me wasn't it :-" , ok i've fixed that, 1 down 6 to go.

4. Remove from includes/footer.php

perfect, done that 2 down 5 to go!!!!! at this rate i coul dbe finished tomorrow and spend the rest of the week on a beach with Tyra Banks :D .

2. Don't know - don't go digital downloads.

3. cDynamic Meta Tags Contribution, or else the Header Tags Contribution.

5. You need to make a new button (image)

6. Take the code for banners form includes/footer.php and place it where you want the second banner to appear. It may deliver the same banner in both places at the same time.

7. The stylesheet.css file controls this.

Vger

2. Shame about this, it's the most important one, the site can't go live until this is done. Hoping some one can help me out with this, i'll obviously keep tryin myself i can't get to grips with the install of osplayer. sql's etc scare the bjesus out of me.

3, 5, 6. Ok i'll give these a bash, and see what happens.

I'll update as i can

Thanks Vger this has helped me out a lot,

Running an sql file for a contribution is not that difficult.

You do need to access your database via phpMyAdmin. Once there click on the SQL tab at the top, use the Browse box to locate the sql file on your own computer and then clcik the 'Go' button to upload.

Vger

Running an sql file for a contribution is not that difficult.

You do need to access your database via phpMyAdmin. Once there click on the SQL tab at the top, use the Browse box to locate the sql file on your own computer and then clcik the 'Go' button to upload.

Vger

!!!!!UPDATE!!!!!!!!

I've installed osplayer but i'm getting problems in Admin in my categories page i get

"current path: PATH_NOT_FOUND

NO_MP3_FOLDER"

This is the most critical step in the setup of my sight, please help.

Archived