• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Errors when deleting all specials

Hi there,

I installed OScommerce and deleted all specials, when going to the admin page and choose 'specials' I get the following errors:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, s.specials_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.specials_date_added, s.specials_last_modified, s.expires_date, s.date_status_change, s.status from products p, specials s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

I searched the posts but can't find anything that helps.. ..maybe I'm looking in the wrong places as I just can't beleave I am the first trying to delete all specials.

gr. LuluM

Hi there,

I installed OScommerce and deleted all specials, when going to the admin page and choose 'specials' I get the following errors:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, s.specials_id, s.specials_new_products_price, s.specials_date_added, s.specials_last_modified, s.expires_date, s.date_status_change, s.status from products p, specials s, products_description pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id order by pd.products_name limit -20, 20

[TEP STOP]

I searched the posts but can't find anything that helps.. ..maybe I'm looking in the wrong places as I just can't beleave I am the first trying to delete all specials.

gr. LuluM

Add special for one product then see specials in admin

Regards,

veera

Thanks veera,

But what if I don't have any specials? Should there always be at least 1 special available?

furthermore.. how do i add a special when this error appears?

Thanks for your fast reply sofar!

gr. LuluM

Thanks veera,

But what if I don't have any specials? Should there always be at least 1 special available?

furthermore.. how do i add a special when this error appears?

Thanks for your fast reply sofar!

gr. LuluM

29 Sep 2005 19:21:49 hpdl (AT) oscommerce (DOT) com

Thanks for the report, here is the official fix:

Line 67 in catalog/includes/classes/split_page_results.php must be changed from:

$this->sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;

to:

$this->sql_query .= " limit " . max($offset, 0) . ", " . $this->number_of_rows_per_page;

Line 38 in catalog/admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php must be changed from:

$sql_query .= " limit " . $offset . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

to:

$sql_query .= " limit " . max($offset, 0) . ", " . $max_rows_per_page;

Treasurer MFC

Archived