• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to install software

nate_king1

First off, thanks for the great product. I couldn't find a ReadMe.txt file or any installation file. So I assumed it was a web-based installation.

So I installed all the catalog files to the directory /vacuums/ and I went to install/index.html and it said server error?

It said that php_global_registered wasn't enabled. in .hxtaccess. So I check, and the setting was "1", meaning "on or enabled" right? So I changed it to 0 then back to 1. Then It says your server has encountered an internal server error. So anyhelp cna be appreciated. I'm deleting all the files, then uploading via ftp.

I'm using Linux, with MySQL, php, dedicated server.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

First off, thanks for the great product. I couldn't find a ReadMe.txt file or any installation file. So I assumed it was a web-based installation.

So I installed all the catalog files to the directory /vacuums/ and I went to install/index.html and it said server error?

It said that php_global_registered wasn't enabled. in .hxtaccess. So I check, and the setting was "1", meaning "on or enabled" right? So I changed it to 0 then back to 1. Then It says your server has encountered an internal server error. So anyhelp cna be appreciated. I'm deleting all the files, then uploading via ftp.

I'm using Linux, with MySQL, php, dedicated server.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

reply to the above?

i wish to help you but i may suggest to you that to install oscommerce do what i did for me it worked try it or if you did forgrt this way.

1- upload catalog folder to your root directory using ftp mode if you using cute ftp proffisional select auto mode for files to load in correct asci or binnary. for example. upload to ftp.yoursite.com or other.

once you upload file correctly you need to locate it in your browser http://www.yoursite.com/catalog/install.php or just install. now you have it. please do email me if you have any problem at [email protected] subject line oscommerce configuration thanks good luck.

Archived