• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

post install

After installing osCommerce, I have, now encountered another problem.

I have now got the following message at the foot of the front page of the site :

'Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_write_close() in /srv/www/htdocs/catalog/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 136

Warning: (null)(): 8 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0'.

And on the admin front page I get this,

@Parse error: parse error, unexpected '(', expecting ',' or ';' in /srv/www/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/classes/sessions.php on line 33

Warning: (null)(): 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in Unknown on line 0' and nothing else.

Could anybody give me some pointers ????????

thanks.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing exactly the same symptoms here. I'm installing on SUSE 10.0 with PHP 4.4 and Apache 2.0. Anyone with more experience with osCommerce have any idea what's going on here?

I solved this problem for my case. It turned out that I had a very skinny PHP installation that was missing the session PHP module. You can easily check to see which PHP modules are available by executing:

php -m

If you don't see the session module listed, then it needs to be installed before the osCommerce code will work correctly.

Archived