• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to prevent auto login redirect?

carlost

Hello,

Can someone clue me in as to how I can stop a guest from ever being redirected to the login page? Except of course, if he/she is trying to register, or via making a purchase.

I can't quite figure out if it is a timing thing, or what it is that ocassionally causes a non logged in guest to be redirected to the login page when clicking on, seemingly, any other page/link. It happens even with pages that I have added on my own.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

Hello,

Can someone clue me in as to how I can stop a guest from ever being redirected to the login page? Except of course, if he/she is trying to register, or via making a purchase.

I can't quite figure out if it is a timing thing, or what it is that ocassionally causes a non logged in guest to be redirected to the login page when clicking on, seemingly, any other page/link. It happens even with pages that I have added on my own.

Thanks in advance.

Carlos

There are pages that require them to be logged in. There are some settings in admin for some (I believe)

but it is basicly this code:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
 }

like on product_reviews_write.php

osC Contributions I have published.

Note: Some I only provided minor changes, updates or additions!

Thank you for your response clarocque. I understand, and do not want to change the login redirect on the pages/files, which it should work (like on product_reviews_write.php).

What's happening to me is that the login redirect is also occuring ocassionally and seemingly randomly, when pages/files that do not have the

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));

code in them are clicked on.

I cannot figure out why. I realize that one would have to look through my very heavily modified files to be able to determine exactly why. I guess I hoped for some clue as to what possibly could cause this.

Regards,

Carlos

Archived