• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding a second customer account registration for resellers

netwerkjim

Greetings all, right now all of the products we are selling on the web are at retail prices and we need to add a password protected section to our site for resellers since we are a distributor and we do sell our products at wholesale prices to licensed businesses who need product to sell (We have been selling candy locally for over 30 years) I want to add a wholesale section to our website so that resellers can see our wholesale prices and the general public can not.

How can I do this? Could I just use the accont registration for my resellers and when they login redirect them to the wholesale page and have the rest of the public not have to register and have a way to bypass the login for them?

I guess I need someone who really knows OSCommerce inside and out who can give me some answers, if this is you please help. There could be some candy in it for you!

Thanks Jim O

Four Seasons Candy

This could best be accomplished using the Seperate Pricing Per Customer contribtuion.

This mod alllows the site owner to assign customers to seperate groups and then give different pricing per product for each group.

If you also need to use the Quantity Price Breaks contribution, then use this one instead: Quantity Price Breaks for Separate Pricing Per Customer.

hth

Rule #1: Without exception, backup your database and files before making any changes to your files or database.

Rule #2: Make sure there are no exceptions to Rule #1.

Archived