• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site has been live for awhile...comments anyone?

Gemini05

Hello,

Our site, www.kidalog.net, has been live for awhile, but I'm looking to do some improvements. Suggestions, comments anyone? What I'm hoping to get done is a checkout module and changing the categories box so it's easier to read (I like the boxes used on www.addedsavings.com).

Hi,

I think the site looks really good!

1. Hundreds of keywords at the bottom of the page looks wierd and the search engines prob wont like it.

2. I would include an 'About Us' page - I always read them myself.

3. Have the bare minimum of external links on your homepage.

Overall very nice!

Cheers,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Our site, www.kidalog.net, has been live for awhile, but I'm looking to do some improvements. Suggestions, comments anyone? What I'm hoping to get done is a checkout module and changing the categories box so it's easier to read (I like the boxes used on www.addedsavings.com).

Gday,

Your site looks good but incomplete, I wasnt sure when the page was actually fully loaded. In the middle of the page I was waiting for this big graphic picture to just catch my eye. Then umm it was completed.

I was like . ok big white blank space in the middle of the page, and text wrapping around this big white space? what the?

You need to do something with that space, may it be pictures of babys .. or whatever that areas spose to be an eye catching area.

Also dont add your meta tags down the bottom of the page, very very tacky..

add your meta tags in your .html

nothing worst than a bunch of meta decriptions of your website down the bottom when search engines can just scroll through silent meta tags ( if you dont know how to do it.. look it up in google .. pretty easy stuff )

If you want to keep it professional try to keep to Arial font or something along those lines..

In your categories folder see if you can change your font size a little bit bigger ( this areas spose to stand out ).

Anyway .. a few hinters.. good luck happy sales

grego

Archived