• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net Error #13 when using Firefix /w IE View plugin

u2ill

This information will be helpful if you or your customers are using Firefox and are experiencing Authorize.Net error #13: The merchant Login ID is invalid or the account is inactive.

It is a known problem that the Virtual Terminal in the Merchant Interface of Authorize.Net does not work properly with Firefox. Because of this, I loaded a Firefox extension called IE View. This extension allows a person to specify certain websites they would rather view in IE instead of Firefox.

While testing a new custom payment form script, I kept getting error #13, even though I verified the account was good with Authorize.net, and I know for sure that I was using the correct x_Login value. It turns out that the problem was with the plugin. Somewhere along the line between Firefox -> IE -> Authorize.net, parameters must have been messing up. As soon as I disabled the IE View plugin, everything worked properly, and it also worked properly using ONLY IE to conduct the transaction.

This information may help not only merchants experiencing error #13 problems, but also end-users who are ordering items through Authorize.net using Firefox with the IE View plugin.

I hope this info will be helpful to you.

William White

Chaminade University of Honolulu

[email protected]

(808) 551-1724

Archived