• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

open to any ideas

tiG

I have a lot of competion, but in a fairly specialized market. I want it to look as professional as possible without seeming more than I am (a small specialty nursery). The store is live, but I've only put in one product for now. If you have any ideas for design improvements, I'd appreciate them. http://brugmansias.us/catalog/

I have a lot of competion, but in a fairly specialized market. I want it to look as professional as possible without seeming more than I am (a small specialty nursery). The store is live, but I've only put in one product for now. If you have any ideas for design improvements, I'd appreciate them. http://brugmansias.us/catalog/

hate typos. lots of 'competition'.

I don't have all my 'about me' stuff written yet, I have two toddlers.

Also, I want to add PWA and the paypal contribution, which one first? I tried fast easy checkout and messed things up, so I tried to just take out as much of what a customer would have to enter as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not bad for a first site but even though you added things and changed colors it is still pretty stock so really not much to comment on.

Two things that jumped out at me...

1. Your pages are different widths. One of my pet peeves.

2. The black line under your store name doesn't go all the way across either, which also bugs me.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

I've made a lot of changes, and would really appreciate any ideas. thanks!!

brugmansias.us/catalog

cookie settings are wrong

cart quantity control

no reviews = no box

believe me, I know what date it is.

and be aware of unleashed moderators.

Treasurer MFC

cookie settings are wrong

cart quantity control

no reviews = no box

believe me, I know what date it is.

and be aware of unleashed moderators.

It would be nice to know how to change those things. (can get the date) and yes, I got that last one.

Just what makes a store not stock anymore? Would love to see a best of the best. or to actually have a suggestion that would help me make it not look stock. thanks

It would be nice to know how to change those things. (can get the date) and yes, I got that last one.

Just what makes a store not stock anymore? Would love to see a best of the best. or to actually have a suggestion that would help me make it not look stock. thanks

well, I keep getting your session id which means that your cookie is not being set and since I would never refuse your cookie, your settings are wrong.

cart qty control is simple by adding a check in application top before updating the cart quantity.

Now I can order 999999 x item x for a fraction of the price of 1.

with reviews, in the box, if no results returned by the query, display nothing instead of "we have nothing".

And I share your last question but they are out there...

Treasurer MFC

Amanda, my cookie settings are to /catalog/ as someone else told me. I don't force the cookie, and so far no one else has gotten that. I'm getting orders and people are viewing the site (I get feedback from people i know)

cart qty control is simple by adding a check in application top before updating the cart quantity.

Now I can order 999999 x item x for a fraction of the price of 1.

not sure what you mean, help?

and basic design pack includes a thumbnail contrib.

Amanda, my cookie settings are to /catalog/ as someone else told me. I don't force the cookie, and so far no one else has gotten that. I'm getting orders and people are viewing the site (I get feedback from people i know)

not sure what you mean, help?

and basic design pack includes a thumbnail contrib.

I know you do not force cookies or I would receive the cookie usage page because no cookies are set, try it.

now it appends the session id on all pages, for that reason. That is still ok for ordering but if your cookie settings were correct, it would not append the session id continuously.

if I put an item of 19.95 in the cart and increase the qty to 999999999999999999999999999999 I can order all those for the total amount of 2.00, try it.

Treasurer MFC

Archived