• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Now what should I do for sending Newsletter with over 10000 emails

smash123

Hi everyone,

I have been running my OScommerce for over 2 years. I'm facing another problem of having too many emails to send for my newsletter. If I use the OSC build in newsletter function to send out emails, the php will time out after a period of time. So that means most of my newsletter subscribers still not able to receive my email. I know I can use program like Supermailer, Bulk mailer....... but my ISP has limit like 99 outgoing emails per hour. Want to know what should I do for the most converience way to slove my problem? Welcome any suggestion and thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

I have been running my OScommerce for over 2 years. I'm facing another problem of having too many emails to send for my newsletter. If I use the OSC build in newsletter function to send out emails, the php will time out after a period of time. So that means most of my newsletter subscribers still not able to receive my email. I know I can use program like Supermailer, Bulk mailer....... but my ISP has limit like 99 outgoing emails per hour. Want to know what should I do for the most converience way to slove my problem? Welcome any suggestion and thanks in advance!

Having a similar problem to this.. the newsletter function appears to be somewhat basic in the way it sends the requests out to the mailserver. It needs some kind of staggered release to make sure the ISP does not reject the request. Im not sure if anyone has an adapted script to fix this ?

The only other way around this would be to use a seperate program i think..

All a bit of a pain really <_<

Having a similar problem to this.. the newsletter function appears to be somewhat basic in the way it sends the requests out to the mailserver. It needs some kind of staggered release to make sure the ISP does not reject the request. Im not sure if anyone has an adapted script to fix this ?

The only other way around this would be to use a seperate program i think..

All a bit of a pain really <_<

well, I use the email queue contrib which you can set to send a maximum number of emails per dispatch run.

So if you have the dispatch job run every 15 minutes and set the threshold to 100, it would send out 100 emails every 15 minutes from the queue.

Treasurer MFC

well, I use the email queue contrib which you can set to send a maximum number of emails per dispatch run.

So if you have the dispatch job run every 15 minutes and set the threshold to 100, it would send out 100 emails every 15 minutes from the queue.

Thank you.. i will take a look at that :thumbsup:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...rch,email+queue

Hmmm... not sure thats going to work for me.

To start with the store is based on an old build.. so some of the edits would appear

to be non compatible..

the other implication (unless i missed the point), is that this will be manual,

unless activated by a cron job ?

<This is on a shared server.. no cron availability in that respect>

is it me or does the mailer function in admin/mods/newsletters/newsletter.php

pretty much just blast the entire request at the mailer server with no sort of

self awarness of the volume of the request ?

RE: tep_set_time_limit(0);

the result of all this is a tep stop error because the mail servers quite rightly have

some limits on them as to how much they can handle at anyone time..

What would happen if the time limit above was increased (can it be?)...

I.E would it force a retry starting from it's last fail point.. ??

Probably not.

Has anyone that has edited the newsletter functions specifically,

to sort out some kind of controlled release rate ?

Thank you in advance ;)

Archived