• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

A quick easy 2 second question...please

mtjl79

I have an old osc website and I just built a new one. I replaced just the database information in the new websites config files, with the old info. Now all the products etc. show up, but just not the pictures? How do I get the pictures for the products to show up? What else do I need to change...?

Old Website

New Website

Second question (sorry guys) - I can't seem to change the text colors of the left colum and the header up top. Currently it's green but I want to change it to blue. I cant find the CSS color codes in the header.php file, left_colum php file, or the css style sheet. - It's prob. a simple answer but...cant seem to figure it out.

THANKS GUYS!

-Mike

Images are stored on the filesystem. You'll need to FTP all of the images on Old Site to the image directory of New Site. I have never tried it, but you might be able to specify the images directory in your config file for New Site as an absolute URL to the images directory in Old Site.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

I thought of that but I think it would be more of a hassle to upload all of the images form the old DB to the new DB into the images folder. There has to be an easier way to just point the config files to the old DB image folder.

Also, I just discovered this problem....

When I log into admin into my new website...when I click a page it says it cannot be found. The admin panel shows up, but when I click something the pages cannot be found. Any one know wha tis up with that?

Thanks for your quick reply BTW.

I thought of that but I think it would be more of a hassle to upload all of the images form the old DB to the new DB into the images folder. There has to be an easier way to just point the config files to the old DB image folder.

As I said, you might be able to simply set the images folder for the new site as the images folder for the old site.

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'http://www.oldsite.com/images/');

When I log into admin into my new website...when I click a page it says it cannot be found. The admin panel shows up, but when I click something the pages cannot be found. Any one know wha tis up with that?

No. You've given no useful information! That question is like saying to a mechanic, "My car won't start. Do you know why?"

Likely you have no changed your admin/includes/configure.php file correctly. Post it here if you cannot figure out what's wrong, but make sure you obscure your database information.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

ok sorry.

I log into the admin area of my new website. The first page shows up. But the links to go to other pages in the admin panel must not be set-up correctly. When I click on a link in the admin panel it brings me to a "cannot be found page". How do I configure my admin config file to correctly point to the proper pages. Before I changed the database information in the config file it was working beatiful. This is basically all I changed in the new admin config file.

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');

define('DB_DATABASE', '');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persisstent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

I replaced all that information on my new website with the old info. What else do i need to change in order to get my admin panel links to point to the right page?

Is that "re-phrased" better? :)

The admin pink error box said the "FS_CATALOG_IMAGES" cannot be found. So I took it from the old config file and put it in the new one...and now I can't even get into my admin login a blank screen just appears...

I'm getting very frustrated on trying to get this damn thing working. I have been working on this site for a week now!

Your URLs look like this:

http://northcoins.com/osc/admin/DIR_WS_ADM...nfiguration.php

Post your entire admin/includes/configure.php file. Make sure you obscure your database information.

I am posting the whole configure.php in the admin/includes folder. I dont comprehend what is going wrong. Now my admin panel whont even show up, it's just a blank white page...

Archived