• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google has dropped me like a bad egg. Now I stink.

Kerosene

My site was going ok in Google until a few weeks ago - now it looks like most of my high(ish) ranking 'product' pages have been dropped. Is this the duplicate filter in action?

Could the 'product' pages have been dropped because they generally have the same text as the websites they're linking to? Or is it more likely that all my pages are too similar to each other - so I've been penalized for duplicating myself?

The site isn't a shop, not that it makes any difference as it uses the same code as a regular osCommerce shop.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

My site was going ok in Google until a few weeks ago - now it looks like most of my high(ish) ranking 'product' pages have been dropped. Is this the duplicate filter in action?

Could the 'product' pages have been dropped because they generally have the same text as the websites they're linking to? Or is it more likely that all my pages are too similar to each other - so I've been penalized for duplicating myself?

The site isn't a shop, not that it makes any difference as it uses the same code as a regular osCommerce shop.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?

You have 2 backlinks in google? :blink:

37 in MSN which is pretty liberal on showing all your backlinks. I'm amazed you ever really showed up in google. Get backlinks with anchor text.

I have added my site to lots of directories, but maybe just not enough. I reckon I have more than 2 backlinks though, I sure hope I do.

Hey what happened to the directory link you posted? I was just about to go there, now the url is gone.

Archived