• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

No modules available

Gil_e_n

I'm running test orders on my test website, and I notice that no payment options show. Upon further investigation, I discover that my module pages in the admin are all blank. Screenshot of my shipping modules page.

I have checked in includes/modules/payment, and all installed modules are still there. I suspect it to be a problem with the database (specifically in the configuration table), so I restored it from a backup from my still-working live site.

This isn't time-critical, obviously, since it's just a demo version, but any input as to what blatantly obvious stupid mistake I made would be helpful.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

now that I am reading this after going through the active countries question, did you forgot to set the auto-increment checkbox with the phpmyadmin when you exported/imported dbases? You could check the other tables if the auto-increment for the identifier colums are set.

And there is a bug as far I know with the products_description table. For some reason the default osc has the products_id to autoincrement but it's the products table that leads everything about the products_id. So it could also cause problems. The extra in the products_description should be left empty.

Thanks. I actually just went through and fixed all the tables that didn't have auto-increment on, which was sadly all of them.

That didn't fix it, but going through the configuration database again, it was missing the file specifications in the module rows. I.e. here's the relevant code from an sql dump on my non-working database:

INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES (69, 'Installed Modules', 'MODULE_SHIPPING_INSTALLED', '', 'List of shipping module filenames separated by a semi-colon. This is automatically updated. No need to edit. (Example: ups.php;flat.php;item.php)', 6, 0, '2006-02-02 12:12:31', '2005-06-24 13:19:45', NULL, NULL);]

The fourth column, which is where the filenames should be specified, is blank.

However, when I manually add it in, and then go to admin/modules/shipping, it disappears from the database. I'm missing something here. I'm guessing that there's another field in the database that deals with this, but I'm not sure what.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

yes, do you have by any chance duplicates in the shipping modules directory? When I am saying duplicates I refer to the definitions of each shipping module. Something like that could cause it.

Also the configuration table has an autoincrement id. In your dump it shows id of 69. Is that number already allocated by another definition? Also try to insert it by replacing the number with '' see if inserts it at the end of the list there.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the definitions of each shipping module. Looking at my includes/modules directory, I don't have any duplicates, if that helps. I also checked my admin/modules.php page, but that's complete osc stock.

There's no duplicates of the id, and when I inserted it as you suggested, it went to the end without problems. And it still doesn't work.

I meant like we have

MODULE_SHIPPING_UPS_TEXT_TITLE in ups.php and then if you have on another shipping file the exact same definition. It could cause a problem like the one you're seeing. One other thing you could quickly try is to leave just one shipping module in the shipping directory to see if it works with just one. If it does, then its probably one of the modules that has a problem.

To see what I mean just use a default osc and copy paste one of the shipping modules, with just a different filename. It breaks the admin shipping alltogether.

Archived