• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

2 NOOB QUESTIONS

ant36

I want to remove the new products and instead have SPECIALS on my front page with text description.can anyone tell a noob in plain english (or as near as possible) how I can do this?

I'd also like to make seperate boxes instead of one big box and change the text colour.

Also,I know how to add a banner but how do I place it WHERE I WANT IT?

Is it possible to place my google addsense ads on the site?

thank you

The new products on the index page are displayed by the module /includes/modules/new_products.php - the simplest way is to rename things in the language file and change the database query in the module for specials. :)

Matti

The new products on the index page are displayed by the module /includes/modules/new_products.php - the simplest way is to rename things in the language file and change the database query in the module for specials. :)

Matti

so once thats done do I have to make a new specials page or is their a way for me to insert my specials into the box?

I know there is a specials option but it doesn't do what I want,which is,to put an image in the box,with the details and how much off the customer will be getting.

sorry for the questions but I'm a total noob to this,I did try an edit in frontpage but unlike my other php sites it doesn't work for oscommerce as the actual appearance of the page doesn't show,that would be so much easier :)

Archived