• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

security control, multiple admins for admin panel

I'd like to better secure the admin panel.

The method that seems obvious is .htaccess. Is there something more sophisticaed than that, say some flags in the database that says certain custumers can admin the site? Can multiple admins change the site (obviously I could make more then one entry in the .htacces file)? Are there some control mechanisms which we could use to say which admins can do which functions?

I'm sure these have been answered (or at least suggested) before, but I couldn't find these answers in the docs or on the Forum

TIA,

ByOsmosis

If you want greater control over who accesses your site, there is the contribution Admin Account with Levels that I personally use. It lets you create subadmins, with access only to certain parts of the website.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Archived