• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP! ARGH! Upload old product catalogue to new OSC database?! ANYONE PLEASE!!

mtjl79

I have been trying to do this for days! I can't figure it out. I have an old OSC website with all the products images etc. I have a new OSC site. Same domain different database. I want all the old products onto the new site. I cant figure it out!!!! Please help someone!

I have been trying to do this for days! I can't figure it out. I have an old OSC website with all the products images etc. I have a new OSC site. Same domain different database. I want all the old products onto the new site. I cant figure it out!!!! Please help someone!

I've tried replacing the old configuration.php files with the new ones and now none of the images are showing up. And when I click on a product it takes me back to my old website.

I just need a straight answer. Just tell me how it's done and I will do it.

Old site

New Site

may be you can copy old date base (a backup) into new one

"Maybe"? I need a straight forward answer.

I just replaced the new. config files with the old ones, and none of the images showed up. Then I replaced them back, and now the page doesnt even show up, and it says its unable to connect to database!

Hey Mike. First up, sorry, but I have to say your attitude stinks.

"Maybe"? I need a straight forward answer.

People posting on this thread are trying to help you, and a crappy comment wont help your cause at all.

Right, your problem. Basically, the easiest way is to connect your new site to your old database. When you copied the old configure file across you had the right idea, but the images st opped showing because your old settings didnt apply to the new store. What you need to do is open your OLD configure.php file, find the lines relating to the database:

// define our database connection

define('DB_SERVER', ''); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', '');

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');

define('DB_DATABASE', 'osCommerce');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?

define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

Copy this section. Now open your NEW configure.php file, and paste this section over the top of the same details. Save your new file, and you should be set. Just remember to do the same in admin sections configure file, else your admin and front end wont use the same database.

Good luck;)

Hey Mike. First up, sorry, but I have to say your attitude stinks.

People posting on this thread are trying to help you, and a crappy comment wont help your cause at all.

Wasn't trying to be rude :(. Sorry if I came off that way. I know they are trying to help and i appreciate it.

last few lines in admin/includes/configure.php:

define('DB_SERVER', '');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'mysql');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

Same principle, copy this section from old version into new version.

last few lines in admin/includes/configure.php:

define('DB_SERVER', '');

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'mysql');

define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false');

define('STORE_SESSIONS', '');

Same principle, copy this section from old version into new version.

Works! THANK YOU!

But the pictures wont seem to show up for the products. How cna I fix that?

Go here

Your configure.php file must be well screwed m8 - none of your site is working, ecept the home page. Click any link and it resolves to a different domain, so I imagine you have the details of your old site in the configure file!

Post the contents of your configure.php (blank out the database bit, or dont include it for your security) and I'll take a look for you.

Sorry I didnt reply to your im last night, I went to bed ;)

Yes m8 - have sorted out your configure.php file for you, but need more info to figure why your images arent showing.....have sent you a pm back.

Archived