• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Is osCommerce for me?

slugonfish

Hello everyone. I know this may seem a strange thing to ask, but is osCommerce right for me? I am starting my own small business and will need some form of on-line outlet. OsCommerce came to my attention as some sites that i shop on are using it. Trouble is I can't get past/into/understand the database part of the pre-installation. I tried the help sections which are very comprehensive but they seem to be in another language. Now I'm prepared to teach myself but it does seem that oscommerce is meant for programmers or those with years of experience. Am I wrong and is there a book or site that will allow me to teach myself what I need to Know? Bit long winded I know but I don't want to give up without a fight, however if osCommerce is not for me I would appreciate your advice. Many thanks:unsure:

Hey - welcome to osc. The vast majority of people using this software started with little or no knowledge of coding. The software is easy to use, and as you are prepared to get stuck in and learn, you will very quickly find yourself picking up coding skills. The documentation (see above) will help you lots, as will using the search facility on the forums. If you are still stuck, post your question and you should find you get helpful answers pdq.

Good luck!

Archived