• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site Width

How do I change the width of the site, it currently seems a little narrow. feel free to take a look. Computer-Bitz

also...

When i click on a catagory i loose the right columb, how do i make stay there like the left columb??

Thanks.

It appears you are using a template and the width is set to a fixed width. This generally gives the best appearnce on such a template for all screen resolutions. If you widen it, it may not appear correctly on all resolutions. The right column is going away due to the template design. You would need to edit the code to add it back in but if you do, it will probably break the layout.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

change the width of the site ... hmm looks fine for me

any way see your header.php or css file . It can be made in different ways.

if it in header .php check also footer.php.

right column should be programmed in column_right.php , see there if made some rule for showing.

btw site looks great may be you do not need to "fix" it

btw site looks great may be you do not need to "fix" it

Thanks for the comments, :rolleyes: i'm pleased with site so far. if the site seems to be wide enough then so be it. but this right column thing is really starting to twist my brain :angry: I've checked out the column_right.php but cant see it. Here it is if anyone can see the problem i'd really apreciate ur help :D

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturer_info.php');

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'order_history.php');

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as count from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_INFO . " where customers_info_id = '" . (int)$customer_id . "' and global_product_notifications = '1'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['count'] > 0) {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');

}

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'product_notifications.php');

}

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'best_sellers.php');

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'])) {

if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND) include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'tell_a_friend.php');

} else {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');

}

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'reviews.php');

if (substr(basename($PHP_SELF), 0, 8) != 'checkout') {

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'languages.php');

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'currencies.php');

}

?>

The code to add the right column isn't in the column_right file. It is in the files in the root directory. If you look at your index.php file, you will see code to call in the right column (towards the bottom). The other files won't have that code. You will need to copy/paste it to have the column appear.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived