• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problems with stylesheet

warrenerjm

Hi I'm new to this, but slowly learning. My problem is I want to change the colours & when I amend the codes in the html Stylesheet, I can't see any changes when I click on the on line catalogue. I have searched the forum & elsewhere but can't find the answer to amending all the colours for my shop.

Please help, & in plain english if that is possible, as I'm easily confused!!

Thank you

take a look in the online documentation - there's a css explanation that most people use as a starting point - it tells you what the various styles do.

http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/C...n_and_Layout/54

Thanks Scott33 but I have already looked at this. I think I understand the explanations, but when I alter the colour codes for the relevant part ie: TD Footer it doesn't change colour. I want to change the background colour of the boxes (catalogue, Manufacturers etc) & the top & bottom lines. I have tried changing the #...... numbers as per web-source codes.

Any further clues?

Thanks Scott33 but I have already looked at this. I think I understand the explanations, but when I alter the colour codes for the relevant part ie: TD Footer it doesn't change colour. I want to change the background colour of the boxes (catalogue, Manufacturers etc) & the top & bottom lines. I have tried changing the #...... numbers as per web-source codes.

Any further clues?

ok, first rule out that there isn't any possibility that you are simply not seeing the results of your work (I know it sounds obvious, but starting with the basics is a good idea) - change the colour on the body style or something and upload to confirm that its getting through.

If that is the case (as I am sure it will be) then another way to double check that you are changing the right bit is to look into the php pages themselves and where you can check the style bing called is the style you are changing.

If its still not playing - tell me the exact bits you need changing and i'll see if i can help.

also - if you can, let me see the store in progress (pm me if you don't want it to be public)

ok, first rule out that there isn't any possibility that you are simply not seeing the results of your work (I know it sounds obvious, but starting with the basics is a good idea) - change the colour on the body style or something and upload to confirm that its getting through.

If that is the case (as I am sure it will be) then another way to double check that you are changing the right bit is to look into the php pages themselves and where you can check the style bing called is the style you are changing.

If its still not playing - tell me the exact bits you need changing and i'll see if i can help.

also - if you can, let me see the store in progress (pm me if you don't want it to be public)

OK. That is a good idea.

This is the code for the white background I assume?

BODY {

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

I changed the #ffffff (white) to #ff8e90 (pink) An obvious change. I couldn't see it, so does this mean I have a problem somewhere else?

Archived