• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

user tracking fatal error

daisy janie

Just installed the user tracking feature last night. All pages are processing fine, but when a customer is checking out, this fatal error appears at the bottom of the screen.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_update_user_tracking() (previously declared in /home/daisy3/public_html/includes/functions/user_tracking.php:18) in /home/daisy3/public_html/includes/functions/user_tracking.php on line 16

I followed the installation instructions for user tracking with admin area v.1.30.2 meticulously, and this is the only problem I've encountered.

Please assist if you know what the problem is.

Many thanks.

Jan

Just installed the user tracking feature last night. All pages are processing fine, but when a customer is checking out, this fatal error appears at the bottom of the screen.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_update_user_tracking() (previously declared in /home/daisy3/public_html/includes/functions/user_tracking.php:18) in /home/daisy3/public_html/includes/functions/user_tracking.php on line 16

I followed the installation instructions for user tracking with admin area v.1.30.2 meticulously, and this is the only problem I've encountered.

Please assist if you know what the problem is.

Many thanks.

Jan

I honestly don't see two instances of it. Here are lines 16-20. Can you determine what's incorrect from this?

function tep_update_user_tracking()

{

global $referer_url, $customer_id, $languages_id, $HTTP_GET_VARS;

$skip_tracking[CONFIG_USER_TRACKING_EXCLUDED] = 1;

Whenever I personally see this error, it's usually that the file containing the function has been include()ed twice (or even more, I suppose).

Change the line

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'user_tracking.php');

in includes/footer.php or wherever that line is to

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'user_tracking.php');

and see if the errors go away.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Whenever I personally see this error, it's usually that the file containing the function has been include()ed twice (or even more, I suppose).

Change the line

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'user_tracking.php');

in includes/footer.php or wherever that line is to

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'user_tracking.php');

and see if the errors go away.

That worked.

Thanks!!

Archived