• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

someone has bought without secure payment being setup

rhodgkiss2001

You need to set up a payment module within OScommerce to accept credit cards/cheques etc. You also need to be able to process credit cards through your own terminal or alternatively through a provider like Paypal (not a recommendation, you need to do your own research).

Have a look here http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/A...ool/Modules/233

Also have a search through the payment module forum.

Hmmm I wonder if that could be who is holding my files. You see, I'm not even paying for hosting yet. I have emailed this guy too so he may be able to help.

Rhonda,

from your words I gather a buyer has entered credit card info into the default osC credit card fields. If this is the case, you have not been payed. The credit card info is then in your database, and you can see it if you click on the order invoice in your osC admin. But payment has not been processed and can't be processed unless you have a terminal for manual entry of data.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Rhonda,

from your words I gather a buyer has entered credit card info into the default osC credit card fields. If this is the case, you have not been payed. The credit card info is then in your database, and you can see it if you click on the order invoice in your osC admin. But payment has not been processed and can't be processed unless you have a terminal for manual entry of data.

You need to set up a payment module within OScommerce to accept credit cards/cheques etc. You also need to be able to process credit cards through your own terminal or alternatively through a provider like Paypal (not a recommendation, you need to do your own research).

Thank you Monika. I could see the payment modules but, nothing telling me anything else. My site has been setup by me and a customer was contacting me via email. I am initially using my site to direct people to for the product pictures. This lady was a bit keen and used the buy it now feature. I can't complain about that. If the credit card isn't processed then I'll ask her to use my paypal account.

Thanks very much, looks like I need to install secure payments pretty sharpish.

Mike,

I just have to comment on your siggy line. It is the funniest I have seen in a long time. Gosh have I seen many error messages myself already!

Thanks for the giant grin on my face!

:thumbsup:

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived