• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customers not reciving email

steviez

Hi,

When a customer registers or places an order in my store i get an email with the registration details and a invoice. That?s all fine and working, but over the past few days I?ve noticed that customers are not receiving my emails, their invoices or registration details. I do not have a clue what is going on :(

Please can someone help me?

www.illusioncomputers.co.uk

Thank You

I was having similar trouble and took a few hours to find answers in the forum.

Here's what I recommend:

First, try sending yourself emails from the site to a few free accounts and your own email. Also, include your address in Send Extra Orders To. You're doing this to confirm that your shop is actually SENDING emails. Do emails arrive in your inbox? Did you check junk mail folders?

If you ARE NOT receiving ANY emails, then it's a sendmail or SMTP issue. Check your email settings in Admin to determine which you're using. There's an email tester floating around in contributions. It's a simple php file that will call your mail routine and return results.

If you ARE sending emails, the delivery problem is very likely due to emails being recognized by some ISPs as SPAM because of mismatched domains in the email headers. In my case, all emails sent through sendmail were being sent from [email protected] rather than [email protected]. Look at your email headers and check the value of your return-path.

I ended up installing the SMTP with Authentication contribution, which sends the emails with better info in the headers -- making them less suspect to SPAM filters...

Do you have an address defined for "Send Extra Order Emails to:" in your store configuration? Do you get order emails to that address?

Can you post the full message headers of the message that you DO get from your cart?

Do you have an address defined for "Send Extra Order Emails to:" in your store configuration? Do you get order emails to that address?

Can you post the full message headers of the message that you DO get from your cart?

Return-path: <[email protected]>

Envelope-to: [email protected]

Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:54:52 -0500

Received: from steven by host.7url.com with local-bsmtp (Exim 4.52)

id 1Es1zF-0006TK-LO

for [email protected]; Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:54:51 -0500

X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.0 (2005-09-13) on host.7url.com

X-Spam-Level:

X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.5 required=5.0 tests=AWL,HTML_MESSAGE,NO_RELAYS

autolearn=ham version=3.1.0

Received: from nobody by host.7url.com with local (Exim 4.52)

id 1Es1zE-0006T9-Mm

for [email protected]; Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:54:48 -0500

To: "iLLuSION Computers" <[email protected]>

Subject: Order Process

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Mailer: osCommerce Mailer

Content-Type: multipart/alternative;

boundary="=_a7e0dc927a5d5865b3e57d96376e5565"

Message-Id: <[email protected]>

Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 12:54:48 -0500

X-Antivirus: AVG for E-mail 7.1.371 [267.14.9/216]

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about my delay in getting back to you.

This might be the issue:

Received: from nobody by host.7url.com with local

When I saw this happening on my shop, I started using SMTP with Authentication and it took care of the issues:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...all/search,smtp

I also have installed SPF records for my domain and am working on Domain Keys, both of which should help with delivery.

GDW

Archived