• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Weight doubles

bodzan

Hi, I am very new to OSC and I've came across a problem I cannot solve:

My product's weight is 0.9 kg's. When user adds item to a cart the weight doubles and becomes 1.8 kg's in the final shipping calculation!!! :blink:

Why the hell is this happening? It's like it calculates weight I entered in kilogram's into pounds or something but everywhere on this forum people say that OSC doesn't have default weight unit's so this doesn't makes any sense to me...

Also, when looking at the OSC knowledge base site and the pictures in it the admin section looks waaay different from the one I have. I have the latest OSC release (udated just yesterday) so I'm lost on why it is so...

I was checking all over this forum and I couldn't find the solution to my weight doubling problem so any help and suggestion on what to do would be much appreciated...

Hi, I am very new to OSC and I've came across a problem I cannot solve:

My product's weight is 0.9 kg's. When user adds item to a cart the weight doubles and becomes 1.8 kg's in the final shipping calculation!!!

try this:

go to your catalog admin-->configuration-->shipping/packaging-->package tare weight

defaults to 3 (pounds)

google says 1.8 kilograms = 3.96832072 pounds

maybe your store is figuring the weight of the packing for you. package tare weight is added onto the item weight.

try this:

go to your catalog admin-->configuration-->shipping/packaging-->package tare weight

defaults to 3 (pounds)

google says 1.8 kilograms = 3.96832072 pounds

maybe your store is figuring the weight of the packing for you. package tare weight is added onto the item weight.

Hey, thanx for taking interest in this matter...

I have set tare weight to 0.2 and I still get the same thing...

Since my item weight is set to 0.9 I figure it should be 1.98416036 in pounds and when added tare weight that should be a number above 2 but is instead 1.8 so I am very much confused on it...

Any other idea, please?

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone?

Now I work with expressing my total weight cut in half to get the right result like $weight = $weight/2 but I figure it isn't a very fancy solution :blink: ...

Did u resolve your problem ? I am trying to figure out a way of making all the measurements in gms instead of lb's.

Let me know if you have a solution for this.

Not really... :'(

All I did is that cut the weight it shows me in half and it seems O.K. now but I figure that there must be a solution to this issue...

I am not even aware what is the issue here in the first place :blink:

Hi,

Make sure your TARE weight is 0 and your Large package section is set to 0 and you should be fine. :-)

Not really... :'(

All I did is that cut the weight it shows me in half and it seems O.K. now but I figure that there must be a solution to this issue...

I am not even aware what is the issue here in the first place :blink: