• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Table heading not listing properly

Arrowhead123

Hello,

When someone clicks on the categories button, a list of items show up. On the first column of the table that shows up, there is no name. On the second column, a '+' is appended to the name. Where can I change this?

Here's a direct link to the site.

http://www.dirtcheappoker.com/catalogDev/i...112e9823071b3df

hi,

the + is for sorting ... the column used for sorting shows a + or - depending on desc or asc sorting. If you really want to remove that, here is were you would do it:

catalog\includes\functions\general.php - remove the bolded part

////

// Return table heading with sorting capabilities

function tep_create_sort_heading($sortby, $colnum, $heading) {

global $PHP_SELF;

$sort_prefix = '';

$sort_suffix = '';

if ($sortby) {

$sort_prefix = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'sort')) . 'page=1&sort=' . $colnum . ($sortby == $colnum . 'a' ? 'd' : 'a')) . '" title="' . tep_output_string(TEXT_SORT_PRODUCTS . ($sortby == $colnum . 'd' || substr($sortby, 0, 1) != $colnum ? TEXT_ASCENDINGLY : TEXT_DESCENDINGLY) . TEXT_BY . $heading) . '" class="productListing-heading">' ;

$sort_suffix = (substr($sortby, 0, 1) == $colnum ? (substr($sortby, 1, 1) == 'a' ? '+' : '-') : '') . '</a>';

}

return $sort_prefix . $heading . $sort_suffix;

}

as for the image heading, well osC thinks it's pretty clear it's an image ... so this is in index.php (language file)

define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', '');

Add text to it if you wish!

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived