• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

converting Miva to osCommerce?

loves2ski

Hi everyone,

New here...

I maintain a store I built for a wholesale site, using Miva Merchant. I'd like to convert the store over to either osCommerce or zenCart if possible. All of the Miva pages have been heavilly customized with the Viking Coders Templates html modules to get away from the generic look of the default Miva stores.

Is there any sort of utility which can take an entire Miva Merchant site including these customized templates and bring them into osCommerce? I've tried the search, but didn't find the answer to this. I really don't want to rebuild the whole thing by hand if there is any way to avoid it. More to the point, I don't feel I can charge my customer to do this so soon after getting the Miva site finished.

Also, is there a way to clone an osCommerce site? We'd like to take the current site and modify it to have a retail version. Again, I'd really like to avoid doing this from scratch if possible.

Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone,

New here...

I maintain a store I built for a wholesale site, using Miva Merchant. I'd like to convert the store over to either osCommerce or zenCart if possible. All of the Miva pages have been heavilly customized with the Viking Coders Templates html modules to get away from the generic look of the default Miva stores.

Is there any sort of utility which can take an entire Miva Merchant site including these customized templates and bring them into osCommerce? I've tried the search, but didn't find the answer to this. I really don't want to rebuild the whole thing by hand if there is any way to avoid it. More to the point, I don't feel I can charge my customer to do this so soon after getting the Miva site finished.

Also, is there a way to clone an osCommerce site? We'd like to take the current site and modify it to have a retail version. Again, I'd really like to avoid doing this from scratch if possible.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know about cloning the OsCommerce site but as far as convert your Miva site (graphics, layout, etc) to OsCommmerce. There is no way to do this. You'd have to rebuild the store in OsCommerce.

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Cloning an oscommerce site is relatively easy. All you have to do is back up your database, back up your files, and copy them both to where ever you want it. You'll have to create a new database in phpmyadmin and then run your backed-up database through it, and then you'll have to redo the configure files so that they point to your new location. I'd say it'd take anywhere between half an hour to three hours, depending on how much experience you have with osc.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Archived