• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Module list empty and new orders not showing up

jfall

I have an oscommerce store that has been working for quite some time without issues. Recently i've noticed that new orders (anything past Jan 24th/06) are not showing up within oscommerece. Also, if I look under module list no modules are showing up. There have been no changes that I am aware of. Does anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this problem?

check if there were upgrades with your host's php/mysql versions and could try the later osc updates, or check the documentation of it.

http://www.oscommerce.com/solutions/downloads

The host has not made any changes with PHP or MySQL

I made backups of the catlog directory as well as the mysql database. I downloaded the newest version of oscommerce and installed it to /catalog2/. I set it up as a new install with a new db etc. After it was installed, I copied over the old DB and ran the oscommerece upgrade script which was successful. I then checked the module list and it's still blank, no new orders are showing up either.

It appears that upgrading the store to the latest php files and latest db structure did not fix the problem :(

There is 20 pages of orders which total 1228 orders.. does oscommerce have any known problems displaying this number of orders? as far as I can see, there are new orders are being entered into the database, but oscommerce is not showing them through the web interface

One other thing you could check, are the characters for the the various customer's names. So when the osc code displayes the orders, if a customer name contains invalid characters could cause the script to fail. Now when you reach the final page of the visible orders, do you see the complete page there? Or maybe the footer is missing? Something like that would indicate the script stopped abruptly.

Archived