• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

3 zones, 2/3 payments methods and different shipping 4 each

cloove

Hi there!

I have a problem with configurations of payment and shipping.

First, i have 3 zones (Croatia, Europe and REST) and need to have 3 payment methods for Croatian zone (CASH/MONEY ORDER, BANK TRANSFER & CREDIT CARD) and 4 payment method for Europe and Rest zone (CASH/MONEY ORDER, BANK TRANSFER, CREDIT CARD & CHECK)...

is this possible and how can i do it? please, send basic explanations or quick answers, tnx...

Next problem is with different shipping methods which depends of zone, number of items and category kinds. Here is my table, so all explanations are welcome, tnx...

Croatia:

4US$ per each product (no matter which category)

Europe:

1 LP = 8 US$, each next LP +3US$

1 single = 6 US$, each next +2US$

1 CD = 6 US$, each next +2US$

1 magazine = 6 US$, each next +2US$

1 T-shirt or flag = 6US$, each next +2US$

America, Australia, Africa, Asia, Russia:

1 LP = 12 US$, each next +4US$

1 single = 8 US$, each next +3US$

1 CD = 6 US$, each next +3US$

1 magazine = 7 US$, each next +3US$

1 T-shirt or flag = 7 US$, each next +3US$

For you first question create the tax zones folders that will include all countries for each case. Create the actual zones under the folders with country and zone. Then assign the zone folder to the payment modules.

For the 2nd one way is create the shipping modules to include one or more categories drop-down menu. Which you can then assign the shipping modules to operate under specific product categories pretty much like they can operate under specific zones. And for the items detail you could implement it in the shipping module based on the number of products under a category.

For you first question create the tax zones folders that will include all countries for each case. Create the actual zones under the folders with country and zone. Then assign the zone folder to the payment modules.

For the 2nd one way is create the shipping modules to include one or more categories drop-down menu. Which you can then assign the shipping modules to operate under specific product categories pretty much like they can operate under specific zones. And for the items detail you could implement it in the shipping module based on the number of products under a category.

hey thanx enigma1 for your answers, the first one really helped. i've created three zones (croatia, europe and the rest) and also assigned payment modules 4 each, even made flat rate shipping for Croatia, now i only need more explanations of your 2nd answer cause i don't know how to create shipping modules to include one or more categories drop-down menu.

is there any contribution or what? i am really looking forward to finally make it work, thanx again

now i only need more explanations of your 2nd answer cause i don't know how to create shipping modules to include one or more categories drop-down menu.

is there any contribution or what? i am really looking forward to finally make it work, thanx again

that's a good point as I haven't seen one. That doesn't mean it cannot be done though. The basic idea is to parse the order for the products in them and relay the category each product is in, to a table of extra costs.

There are 2 parts:

1. Now the table itself can be created using a similar approach as with the shipping zones but instead you use the categories. The categories drop-down is available in the admin side under products and therefore can be ported to the shipping module under the install() function.

2. Finally you modify the quote functions of the shipping modules to take into account the categories for the products in the shopping cart and add the extra rate you want from the extra costs table. They will check for a selected category if present and add this extra cost. If shipping category is set to 'none' you add 0 extra cost for instance.

There are going to be details for quantities of the same product need to be worked out. But I hope you get a basic idea how this can be done. Definetely needs some work there.

But I hope you get a basic idea how this can be done. Definetely needs some work there.

yes man, thanx a lot although i am not such a good PHP programmer to write it by myself so i'll have to find some other solution or wait for someone to write this great unwritten contribution

if you know some other tips&tricks that are available at the contributions, please let me know, thanx

I was wondering if the Multi Vendor Shipping mod was ready to be loaded onto a production site yet? I really like this mod the best and it will be perfect for my store's shipping situation. Just wondering!!! :thumbsup:

yea, Multi Vendor Shipping is great mod, but i am still looking for some "Category Shipping Price" module so if you think that some module will solve my problem written above, please write, tnx

I've not used the "Category Shipping Price" mod. I just need the Multi Vendor Shipping mod in order to complete my store's set up. I can't beleive that something like this has not been built into osCommerce already!

Does anyone know if its ready to be used on a production site yet?

I can't beleive that something like this has not been built into osCommerce already!

Does anyone know if its ready to be used on a production site yet?

me too, i've looked over thousands and thousands forum topics and didn't found no one who has solved this problem, so i hope that someone will built it soon...