• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Grand Opening

smurk75

Well after a couple of months I have finally opened up shop. :thumbsup: My site sells loose leaf teas and tea accessories. I originally worked on building my site by myself but with limited design experience and plenty of coding experience I opted to work with a designer in a collaborative effort to help my vision come to life. After sending in my logo and talking with the designer via phone and emails I was able to get the site the look and feel I was striving for. My goal was to have a simple, easy to navigate website without any clutter that would steer buyers elsewhere. I picked all my images from IstockPhoto (which is a wonderfull resource) to add to the professional look. I would suggest others do the same. So please take a couple of minutes and tell me what you think.

Thank you.

Sam

Tea Bazaar

Contributions installed:

3_Sizes_of_product_images_Update_for_22ms2

cc_infobox_v1_0

HeaderTags_V_2.5.5

image_magic1_13

Fedex_Direct_2.04

fedex labels_1

Authorize.net Consolidated v1.7

Easy Populate 2.76-MS2

add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2

sortoptionvalues_1_0

Ultimate_SEO_URLSv2x

Well after a couple of months I have finally opened up shop. :thumbsup: My site sells loose leaf teas and tea accessories. I originally worked on building my site by myself but with limited design experience and plenty of coding experience I opted to work with a designer in a collaborative effort to help my vision come to life. After sending in my logo and talking with the designer via phone and emails I was able to get the site the look and feel I was striving for. My goal was to have a simple, easy to navigate website without any clutter that would steer buyers elsewhere. I picked all my images from IstockPhoto (which is a wonderfull resource) to add to the professional look. I would suggest others do the same. So please take a couple of minutes and tell me what you think.

Thank you.

Sam

Tea Bazaar

Contributions installed:

3_Sizes_of_product_images_Update_for_22ms2

cc_infobox_v1_0

HeaderTags_V_2.5.5

image_magic1_13

Fedex_Direct_2.04

fedex labels_1

Authorize.net Consolidated v1.7

Easy Populate 2.76-MS2

add-weight-to-product-attributes v0.2

sortoptionvalues_1_0

Ultimate_SEO_URLSv2x

Anything? Please?

I like the website alot.

I think you could use a nice background image and maybe a bit more color.

Also, I wouldn't buy from you because I don't see anything about your company - Maybe a picture of your building or a person or something that makes me trust your website.

Great job on the design.

I know how long that takes!

So far, your index page is beautiful. Great choices on the photos. However, the site is awfully slow for us dial-up folks. I've even re-connected and it is still taking an obscenely long time for any page to begin to load and then the site times out (website not responding message page).

So, I have yet to see any other page of your site. I am able to cruise the internet and yours is the only site I'm having problems with.

So far, your index page is beautiful. Great choices on the photos. However, the site is awfully slow for us dial-up folks. I've even re-connected and it is still taking an obscenely long time for any page to begin to load and then the site times out (website not responding message page).

So, I have yet to see any other page of your site. I am able to cruise the internet and yours is the only site I'm having problems with.

Yikes! That can't be good. I do know I had some server issues late last night, approximately 11pm pst so hopefully that is why. I had a friend test the website on MSN dialup in San Fransico and she stated the site loaded 'pretty fast'. If you have time, could you please try again? Anyone else with dialup having slow download times?

Thanks for your input.

Sam

I like the website alot.

I think you could use a nice background image and maybe a bit more color.

Also, I wouldn't buy from you because I don't see anything about your company - Maybe a picture of your building or a person or something that makes me trust your website.

Great job on the design.

I know how long that takes!

Thanks for the input on the site. I'll experiment with using some simple colors for highliting and outlining certain areas. As for the picture of a building or what not, I kept the 'theme' of the site to highlight different parts of the world and tea. My about page talks about my store and it's purpose http://www.theteabazaar.com/store/about_us.php and my contact page has address and phone number. I figured these 2 measures would instill buyer confidence. But once again, thanks for your input.

Sam

I like your layout,

What i suggest you is check your website with firefox, Popup Images have problem. It doesnt show the whole image.

But in general it is a nice website

I like your layout,

What i suggest you is check your website with firefox, Popup Images have problem. It doesnt show the whole image.

But in general it is a nice website

Thanks for the info Hamed, however I've checked and rechecked my site with firefox and it works fine. What version were you using?

Thanks,

Sam

Wow, Hamed is correct - the pop-ups don't work with Firefox (1.5 on a Mac), nor in Safari (in fact the ones that I tried showed a blank window).

If I were shopping, I would like to know what you charge for shipping and what you accept for payment before I create an account. In fact, maybe you should try a purchase without account contribution - you sell relatively inexpensive items, and maybe people would be put out when asked to create an account.

Your design is excellent, and I like the quiet background vs. the great images.

Tony

Anything? Please?

Nice design, well done !!

I found the category header graphics a bit 'top-heavy' - maybe try optimizing them so that they load faster - there are so many different ways to do this - experiment.

:thumbsup:

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

Anything? Please?

Just incase you haven't noticed - there's a little typo on your HOME page - check Welcome to Tea Bazzaar.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people, especially in groups.

Hi Sam,

Beautiful site! Good luck!!

i have a quick question for you ... are you using PayPal Web Pro as your payment method?

thanks, Efren

Thanks for the compliment. =) I'm using authorize.net and added discover/amex to my account under them.

Wow, Hamed is correct - the pop-ups don't work with Firefox (1.5 on a Mac), nor in Safari (in fact the ones that I tried showed a blank window).

If I were shopping, I would like to know what you charge for shipping and what you accept for payment before I create an account. In fact, maybe you should try a purchase without account contribution - you sell relatively inexpensive items, and maybe people would be put out when asked to create an account.

Your design is excellent, and I like the quiet background vs. the great images.

Tony

Thanks Tony. I added some shipping info in my shipping/returns page. I still for the life of me don't know how to fix the mac-firefox issue. =( Any ideas anyone? Also, I'm working on the text for creating an account. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Sam

Thanks Tony. I added some shipping info in my shipping/returns page. I still for the life of me don't know how to fix the mac-firefox issue. =( Any ideas anyone? Also, I'm working on the text for creating an account. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Sam

I just tried a pop-up on a PC with Firefox 1.5, and it did the same thing that it did on a Mac. BUT, I noticed that the problem was just the window size - it didn't pop-up to its full size. When I tried it in IE 6, it popped up as a two step process, 1st step was a small popup window, and when the image finished loading, it opened to a full sized window. In Firefox, it just opens to the small initial window and doesn't finish popping up to the larger sized final one (and properties shows that it is a 500 x 374 pixel image). So, it's there, but just isn't visible because of the tiny window size. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about this stuff to tell you why it is happening.

Tony

• 1 month later...

Status Report:

*I added weight to price contrib

*More products

*800 number on contact page

*optimized home page images to load faster

*added cafepress merch/shwag store, click on "Tea Shwag" link

*added more content to home page, kw optimized

*added featured product graphics (new organics, yerba mate) -still learning photoshop so work with me!

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments so far. Please give me some more feedback, especialy on usability.

Tea Bazaar

Great looking site. Images look great.

Nice information about tea. Good privacy statement etc. Clear layout easy to get around.

My only critique is you might want to try a background that was not so close to white. It does look a bit washed out.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

Very Nice! I am being completely biased here because I am a great fan of tea. I've bookmarked your site!

--Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

on create account, you keep insisting I come from the united states eventhough I said otherwise.

on some product pages you have the price as an available option? the only available option?

cart quantity control, as in buy much more for much less

Treasurer MFC

on create account, you keep insisting I come from the united states eventhough I said otherwise.

on some product pages you have the price as an available option? the only available option?

Thanks for you input boxtel. I'd like a little more information on the items you listed.

Were does it state you are from the US after you have selected your country? I do have the country list defaulted to the US. Is that what you mean?

You must mean on the Tea Essentials page were the products do not have any other option as far as amount(2oz, 1/4 lb, etc). For those products what you see is what you get. I had to take out the code that shows prices in the product page because my prices change in accordance to the amount you select. And since OSC uses the same product listing page for every product I had to use the option value box to list the price of my tea pots, infusers, etc. If you have a better idea on how to get around this please let me know.

Yeah, I wanted offer discounts on larger amounts of tea. I didn't want were the price of 1 lb to be the same as 8* the 2oz price which would be really expensive. I agree with you tho, I am offering the larger amounts for far too less than my Cost per Unit(2oz).I'm working on a different pricing model at the momment to solve this.

Thanks again for you comments!

Sam

Thanks for you input boxtel. I'd like a little more information on the items you listed.

Were does it state you are from the US after you have selected your country? I do have the country list defaulted to the US. Is that what you mean?

You must mean on the Tea Essentials page were the products do not have any other option as far as amount(2oz, 1/4 lb, etc). For those products what you see is what you get. I had to take out the code that shows prices in the product page because my prices change in accordance to the amount you select. And since OSC uses the same product listing page for every product I had to use the option value box to list the price of my tea pots, infusers, etc. If you have a better idea on how to get around this please let me know.

Yeah, I wanted offer discounts on larger amounts of tea. I didn't want were the price of 1 lb to be the same as 8* the 2oz price which would be really expensive. I agree with you tho, I am offering the larger amounts for far too less than my Cost per Unit(2oz).I'm working on a different pricing model at the momment to solve this.

Thanks again for you comments!

Sam

on create account, if I choose a different country and click ok, the page comes back with errors obviously but also the country back to US.

with cart quantity control I mean: input 99999999999999999999 in your quantity field and see what happens.

Treasurer MFC

on create account, if I choose a different country and click ok, the page comes back with errors obviously but also the country back to US.

with cart quantity control I mean: input 99999999999999999999 in your quantity field and see what happens.

That was you inputing those numbers! I saw that one day while monitoring my site via the who's online function in Admin. Yeah, I guess I have to limit that field in phpmyadmin, because I don't see where else you can limit the integer amount. Anyone?

Archived