• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hosting, SSL, and register globals headache!!!!

scalplejockey

Hi, I am new to posting, if not to serching these forums, so bare with me.

I have a problem with my ISP, wich I need to sort out before I upload a localy created web shop to one of my bosses account's.

We are curently hosted on one of the ISP's Linux server with register globals switched on by default and pasword protected directories to secure the site sensative areas as .htaccess files are not allowed at all on there servers.

we cannot switch this setting, as this is not allowed by users.

The problem I have is that SSL is hosted on windows servers and these have Register globals switched off.

I am not sure if this is going to cause me problems, but it looks quite like it will, and if there is a solution.

One of my solutions is the switch the hosting to one of my ISP's windows servers and patch Oscommerce to run globals off, but I need some advice first.

P.s. I cannot switch ISP's as this is part of a bulk account of 10 and other sites are aready hosted on the other diomains.

Thank for your time.

One of my solutions is the switch the hosting to one of my ISP's windows servers and patch Oscommerce to run globals off, but I need some advice first.

P.s. I cannot switch ISP's as this is part of a bulk account of 10 and other sites are aready hosted on the other diomains.

Thank for your time.

That's probably your only option then.

But let me point out that trying to squeeze a square peg through a round hole is never a good idea. Because a bad decision was made at one time it does not follow that a series of bad decisions must follow.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Sorry! "Square peg round hole"

I thought that oscommerce was supposed to work equaly well of windows or Linux servers,

believe me I am no fan of windows but is it realy that bad a situation?

Some people have it working fine under Windows. Do a Google search of this forum.

But also do a Google search of php and Windows on the web and you'll learn how compromised php is under Windows compared to Linux/Unix.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Archived