"Please select the preferred payment method to use on this order. Please Select

NEED TO ADD A SINGLE LINE OF TEXT HERE, NO CHECKBOXES NEEDED

Credit Card

Credit Card Owner:

Credit Card Number:

Credit Card Expiry Date:

3 or 4 Digit Security Code:"

Which file would I edit for this?

This is a very old version of OSC from 2003 .....

I need to add a line of text in the checkout section

"Please select the preferred payment method to use on this order. Please Select

NEED TO ADD A SINGLE LINE OF TEXT HERE, NO CHECKBOXES NEEDED

Credit Card

Credit Card Owner:

Credit Card Number:

Credit Card Expiry Date:

3 or 4 Digit Security Code:"

Which file would I edit for this?

This is a very old version of OSC from 2003 .....

If you are referering to the cc payment module you will have to look within the file

(catalog)/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc.php

For the overall message look in (catalog)/includes/languages/english/checkout_payment.php

I may have found it -- thanks -- but me and PHP do not get along well.

define('TEXT_SELECT_PAYMENT_METHOD', 'Please select the preferred payment method to use on this order.');

I want to place a line here with no definition needed -- just text. How would I do that?

define('TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT', 'Please Select');

define('TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.');

I may have found it -- thanks -- but me and PHP do not get along well.

define('TEXT_SELECT_PAYMENT_METHOD', 'Please select the preferred payment method to use on this order.');

I want to place a line here with no definition needed -- just text. How would I do that?

define('TITLE_PLEASE_SELECT', 'Please Select');

define('TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.');

The define is responsible for the text show there otherwise I do not understand what you mean ?!

You can change

to

define('TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION', 'Whatever text line you want to show as long as you keep it between the two quotes.');

and if you need an extra line added to the already existing

define('TEXT_ENTER_PAYMENT_INFORMATION', 'This is currently the only payment method available to use on this order.<br>And I continue on this next line after placing a HTML line break tag');

Thanks, I'll backup the file and then try the change as you suggest. As I said, I don't know PHP and always break it, but if it's just what you said, I can do that without causing havoc.

One last question, if I want to add something that has to be text defined, i.e. "check off this box if you blah blah blah" would I have to edit other files as well?

One last question, if I want to add something that has to be text defined, i.e. "check off this box if you blah blah blah" would I have to edit other files as well?

That might be. It depends to what it refers. As you have seen every shipping/payment module has it's own textual language depended file and changes will depend on which options you provide. That is besides the text you are changing right now for the checkout payment screen in general.

Archived