• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin Folder (newbie)

angrypenguin

How do i change the admin folder name and retain the use of it?

Are you using Windows or Linux/Unix? You should be able to change the name of the folder just by renaming it - but then you have to remember to change the path for it in catalog/includes/configure.php

Well I can change the name of the folder.. but when i go into the configure.php file under (catalog) i dont see anything that looks like a path to the admin folder which brings me to a whole nother issue which is setting up my database.. ...I know its going to be a long road for me.. where is the best spot to get some documention on these newbie problems of mine..

You need to set up a blank database BEFORE you rename the admin folder - if you want the install to write to the admin/includes/configure.php file (and this last part is the answer to your other question).

Vger

Ok......! so i added a blank database folder (backups) it works... i still need change the name of the admin folder so little bastards cant get in... so your saying if i go into the controls/configure.php i should be able to change the path to the admin folder? would i just go in and add something to all of the lines that have path in them? will that take care of this? thank again everybody that is helping my stupid ass out with this.....

Archived