• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Duplicate entries in Admin

baalwww

Almost all of my configuration Titles appear twice on the admin screen, be it stock, min values, my store, etc. Is it a file, two files, or database entries?

it's a database install error. You do not happen to host with IX and used their script? I've seen this 2x already now ...

Best is to truncate the config table (hopefully not too much changed yet) and reimport the table from the installation file downloaded from here.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

That was it, I manually deleted the duplicates. Thanks.

yuck ... but been there done that before for someone who had already changed too much in admin. Good to see it works now :-)

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

yuck ... but been there done that before for someone who had already changed too much in admin. Good to see it works now :-)

I did notice that the keys varied, that is, some were lower case as compared to their dopplegangers being upper, and some had slightly different description...one less word for example. I think the dups must have come from a contrib gone slightly awry.

I did notice that the keys varied, that is, some were lower case as compared to their dopplegangers being upper, and some had slightly different description...one less word for example. I think the dups must have come from a contrib gone slightly awry.

I do not agree ... as I have just repaired the exact same issue here. Mind you some of your keys are probably missing entirely!!! Please double check with that config table in the install file. % I think were missing for me, and I also had the upper lower case thing in a brand new store that was installed with a host script.

Monika

Archived