• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHPList integration to OsCommerce

higgalls

Thanks Chris, but what would that do for me? It would seem, that by the way this is screwing up, that it may have something to with .htpasswrd or httpd.conf? It doesn't appear that the admin side has been corrupted, just the access to it. Ex. 'can't find the server at www.mydomain.comdir_ws_admincategories.php.' admin/categories.php is definitely still available on the server. I'm sure all this goes deeper than my limited understanding, but none of the admin files appear to be corrupted, and thay are all still in the same place thay have been for 4 years. I just can no longer access them. Sure is a pain in the a** to go into the db for customer info for every order!

Thanks again.

Tom

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And, since the install of PHPList arbitrarily changed my access password, the access password that is encrypted in configure.php is no longer valid. Since I can't get into the config section of admin, I can't change the password to the new one. Make any sense at all????

Also, I noted that when accessing catalog/admin, the popup password entry box does pop up and this is where I added the new password to get to the admin panel. When I attempt to access any of the apps, I do NOT get the password entry box that I used to, just the 'server not found' error msg.

Tom

And, since the install of PHPList arbitrarily changed my access password, the access password that is encrypted in configure.php is no longer valid. Since I can't get into the config section of admin, I can't change the password to the new one. Make any sense at all????

Also, I noted that when accessing catalog/admin, the popup password entry box does pop up and this is where I added the new password to get to the admin panel. When I attempt to access any of the apps, I do NOT get the password entry box that I used to, just the 'server not found' error msg.

Tom

There are a few things that aren't making sense to me.

Firstly, is the password for your admin stored in configure.php or in the database?

Is the password for the Admin using an oscommerce contrib, or is it simply a password protected directory? If it is a password protected directory then you simply need to log into your cpanel (if you have one) and reset the password.

Secondly, PHPList should NOT have changed your password at all as it should have installed itself completely separate from OsCommerce. So I don't know why it wouldn't work anymore.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks Chris. Even the sys administrators at Lunarpages can't seem to figure this out. I realize that PHPList should not have messed with my passwords, but somehow it did. I even installed to a separate directory just to prevent this type of thing happening!

When I go into my cpanel, admin is password protected and I can change the password but I don't want to mess with the Lunarpages guys until they are done.

No, I am not using an osc contrib for passwords.

The encrypted password in the 'define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD',' statement in admin/includes/configure.php is still what it has always been. Could this be a conflict? If so, how would this be corrected.

It's been 4 years since I setup my store, so some things I did initially, are hard to remember :) (getting OLD!)

Thanks for your continued efforts.

Tom

Thanks Chris. Even the sys administrators at Lunarpages can't seem to figure this out. I realize that PHPList should not have messed with my passwords, but somehow it did. I even installed to a separate directory just to prevent this type of thing happening!

When I go into my cpanel, admin is password protected and I can change the password but I don't want to mess with the Lunarpages guys until they are done.

No, I am not using an osc contrib for passwords.

The encrypted password in the 'define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD',' statement in admin/includes/configure.php is still what it has always been. Could this be a conflict? If so, how would this be corrected.

It's been 4 years since I setup my store, so some things I did initially, are hard to remember :) (getting OLD!)

Thanks for your continued efforts.

Tom

Hi,

The password in configure.php should just be your normal mysql database password. It shouldn't be encrypted (unless you have installed some sort on password encryption contrib???). It should simply be typed into it.

So when you try to go to your admin area, does it ask you your username and password? When you enter it in, what happens?

Regards,

Chris

Chris, when I go to admin, it asks for my username and password. I enter the correct data, (which is now a different pw) and it takes me to the admin panel. The problems begin here. When I attempt to access any of the choices on the panel, I get the 'server not found' error.

Tom

Chris, when I go to admin, it asks for my username and password. I enter the correct data, (which is now a different pw) and it takes me to the admin panel. The problems begin here. When I attempt to access any of the choices on the panel, I get the 'server not found' error.

Tom

Ok, now I have more of an idea of what is going on.

Edit your admin configure.php and enter in your actual database password (may be the same password as your cpanel password). Do not enter it in encrypted or anything. Just enter it in as normal, and let me know how you go.

Cheers,

Chris

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'xxxxxxxx2_osc4'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/xxxxxxxxx2/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

If i use my pw (Not my real data!)

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '456789'); I get the above error msg.

This lets me into the admin panel, but no farther. (again, not my real data, but this is what it looks like)

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'Iwc_5Z4vsB');

also, I do not type Iwc_5Z4vsB as a password for anything.

I have not installed any pw encryption contrib.

Tom

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'xxxxxxxx2_osc4'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/xxxxxxxxx2/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

If i use my pw (Not my real data!)

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '456789'); I get the above error msg.

This lets me into the admin panel, but no farther. (again, not my real data, but this is what it looks like)

define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'Iwc_5Z4vsB');

also, I do not type Iwc_5Z4vsB as a password for anything.

I have not installed any pw encryption contrib.

Tom

Hi,

Do you want to PM me your cpanel details and database username and password, as well as your shop URL and I will jump in and take a look for you? Surely it cannot be this hard :S

Cheers,

Chris

Well, I bit the bullet and paid Lunarpages for a full restore from a previous day. This seems to have solved the problem. They could not figure out what happened. Fortunately, I went into the db and backed up any customer data that I would lose in the rollback. Lesson learned....... If it 'aint broke', don't fix it! Sure would like to have had the ability to use PHPList though.

Chris, Thanks for your efforts.

Tom

ps. I have noticed that Lunarpages seems to get a lot of trashing around the web. I need to say, that I have had only a MOST EXCELLENT experience with them for 4 years now.

Well, new problem. After the host did a rollback, everything works fine EXCEPT I now get this error msg when attempting to access my site:

1016 - Can't open file: 'whos_online.MYI' (errno: 145)

delete from whos_online where time_last_click < '1164752442'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tom

I didn't install phplist contrib, but it seems that I have an error message like you :

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): Access denied for user 'root'@'amanda.nfrance.com' (using password: NO) in /home/eq53496/secure/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 17

What can I do ?

Would you have an idea ?

It seems that I'm trying to connect to my DB with root , but that's not my login.

Where can I change it ?

I didn't install phplist contrib, but it seems that I have an error message like you :

What can I do ?

Would you have an idea ?

It seems that I'm trying to connect to my DB with root , but that's not my login.

Where can I change it ?

Hi,

Was your OSC store fully working beforehand?

Was PHPList fully working beforehand?

Does your post have anything to do with this contrib or PHPList?

Regards,

Chris

• 3 months later...

Hey Chris and everyone.

I've got osCommerce installed and phpList both installed in the same database.

I came here to research before I install the contribution to connect the two programs.

Anyway, I am wondering about your efforts to put a newsletter signup form on your contact page.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the phpList contrib merely copy a logged in customer's email info from osCommerce and into the phpList program? If that's the case, and IF the customer is not logged in, what happens when a customer is not logged in? Then will the signup information will go straight to phpList, bypassing osCommerce entirely?

If the newsletter signup info goes straight into phpList, then other than a logged in user, no extra php coding should be required, right? So a regular newsletter form should be ok on every other page except the create account page, right?

Wouldn't that be a simple html form that is created at www.yoursite.com/lists/ then view the source?

Is my logic wrong?

OK, I'm thoroughly confused.

If I use this contribution, will I be able to use the phpList program?

I just want to have the email addresses collected from customers in osCommerce go into phpList program. Will this contribution do that?

Or is it merely substituting database tables and the newsletter to be sent is generated in osCommerce? (That would be a pointless exercise for me.)

Ok, I have an answer via email:

Once you have gotten this contrib installed and working, it WILL allow you to use PHPList as normal. This contrib simply puts the email addresses collected from the customers in OsCommerce, and puts them straight into phpList.

Yippee! Thanks!

Well! That was the quickest contribution I've ever done.

There doesn't seem to be any problems in initial tests. This was the first contribution I've done that didn't have any errors to fix! Crossing my fingers that all stays good.

Thanks Chris for bringing this to the osC contributions and forum.

I have another question, though.

How do I fix it where the already registered for newsletter folks can get put into phpLIst.

Do I need to export them? Or Go down the customers list in admin and re-register them?

Hm, apparently it isn't a problem. My site is so new that there are no people registered in osC for newletters.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i am very interesed in this contrib.

But i want to be able to add non registered customers to the mailing list via a form in the store.

For example, guest fill form, script check if guest email is from an actual customer, if not then subscribe to phplist. If email already from a customer, display error an tell them to log on and subscribe from there.

This contrib already do this?

mutter,

Point your guest to your sign-up page for phplists, phplists will automatically check whether they are already subscribed or not... Point out in this page that if they are already subscribed, that they should go to your shop and log in from there....

-------------------------------------------

On other matters, I have installed this last night, seperate DB's, same server, gave osc_user full permision in phplist DB in php, fiddled around for a bit setting up lists,pages and all the rest, and then went about getting the php_settings.php file set up correctly, all is well and it's working like a dream!!!!!

mutter,

Point your guest to your sign-up page for phplists, phplists will automatically check whether they are already subscribed or not... Point out in this page that if they are already subscribed, that they should go to your shop and log in from there....

Riaan, are you sure that phplist check automatically if the user is already suscribed or not?

Cause when i try to add an existing email to phplist (v2.10.4). phplist just resend the confirmation mail to that email, and do not show any message saying that the email is already in the list.

But, when removing a email from phplist via the unsuscribe page. phplist checks if the user exist, and if not shows an error message.

Later...