• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Supplier Admin Area Contribution

I'm getting that on the "http://musica360.com/store/supplier/supplier_s_statistic.php?"

page when you log in. I don't need the category pages.. I just want them to see how many downloads of their music we're selling...

Also, could you possibly add a "log off" link

Hmm my statistics page displays fine with no errors at all on the test site im using to put this contribution onto..

As I'm ripping it from my main site where its all running great with no problems whatsoever, and creating the contribution piece meal from it and testing it on a new site...

Hmm my statistics page displays fine with no errors at all on the test site im using to put this contribution onto..

As I'm ripping it from my main site where its all running great with no problems whatsoever, and creating the contribution piece meal from it and testing it on a new site...

GOT IT UP AND RUNNING!!!!

I didn't replace it with all of the files that you updated....

but ....

1. sometimes when you log in you can see the contents of the whole store

2. one of the logins i've set up only has 5 items but at the bottom it shows << Page 1 of 7 >>

3. i'd still like to have a way for suppliers to log off

My Contribution

Music Download Store Template

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4275

Thanks Rochdalemark and Mediajuggle,

I have changed the configuration file in the supplier directory.

Now I get the following error :

1146 - Table 'techmast_osc1.TABLE_SESSIONS' doesn't exist

select value from TABLE_SESSIONS where sesskey = '46ca9dd48a89b8d3fa85e4823b220bd7' and expiry > '1138102311'

[TEP STOP]

I have checked in the database and the Table 'TABLE_SESSIONS' Exists in the database,

What could be wrong ?

Hello,

I've actually Translate all the V0.6 installation & files to french,

But i do not understand what you mean at the end of the installation files about mysql op?ration.

Could you please explain that ?

& also when iv'e add contribution & that i'm going to add user by admin, i get this error message :

1054 - Unknown column 'suppliers_id' in 'where clause'

select count(*) as products_count from products where suppliers_id = '70'

[TEP STOP]

so i think i've wrong installed the .sql files :s

Hello,

I've actually Translate all the V0.6 installation & files to french,

But i do not understand what you mean at the end of the installation files about mysql op?ration.

Could you please explain that ?

& also when iv'e add contribution & that i'm going to add user by admin, i get this error message :

so i think i've wrong installed the .sql files :s

Check the suppliers table and make sure the first one in there is 1 and not 70.

The auto increment for that table should have been 1 and not 70..

I take it your not sure about the following sql edits needed..

In ?products? table add the following lines.

- Name: suppliers_id

- Type: int

- Length: 11

- Null: No

- Default: 0

- Name: cost_price

- Type: int

- Length: 11

- Name: supplier_id

- Type: tinyint

- Length: 4

In the ?catagories? table add the following line..

- Name: supplier_id

- Type: tinyint

- Length: 4

What that means is that when your in MySql, click on the categories table on the left. Then you will see the following line:-

Add new field: OAt End of Table OAt Beginning of Table OAfter | | [GO]

Just select end of table and click go.

A screen will come up where you can then enter the values... Name.. Type.. Length.. Null.. and default..

I will at some point get round to adding them to the SQl statement so that you don't have to manually edit the database in MySql.

As this is still in development and not without its bugs,, I wouldn't put it into a working store till it reaches V1.0.. it is just for use on test sites till we get things ironed out.. although it shouldn't effect the rest of your store should you decide to install it on a working store..

Thanks Rochdalemark and Mediajuggle,

I have changed the configuration file in the supplier directory.

Now I get the following error :

1146 - Table 'techmast_osc1.TABLE_SESSIONS' doesn't exist

select value from TABLE_SESSIONS where sesskey = '46ca9dd48a89b8d3fa85e4823b220bd7' and expiry > '1138102311'

[TEP STOP]

I have checked in the database and the Table 'TABLE_SESSIONS' Exists in the database,

What could be wrong ?

Please check over your config file again in the suppliers folder and make sure that it matches your database name, username, and password.. you can check your standard config in your admin folder to make sure the paths and log in details are correct..

i'm using it on a test store ;)

i'll try to do those things in my Db, & i'll finish the french translation, i'll pack all & up

If you run this as an sql statement then it should change your tables for you..

I'll add it to the install sql so that others dont have to manualy edit their database.

Let me know how you get on..

--

-- Table structure for the table 'categories'

--

ALTER TABLE `categories` ADD COLUMN `supplier_id` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0';

--

-- Table structure for the table 'products'

--

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD COLUMN `supplier_id` tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0';

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD COLUMN `suppliers_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0';

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD COLUMN `cost_price` int(11) NOT NULL default '0';

I have it running on a live store because the labels I were dealing with were requesting something like this. But I'm having some strange things happens with some of the products.

1. In the admin, all of my suppliers percentages are set at 65%. So out of a 99? download they should be getting 65?.

2. but I'm showing 99? for 1 download when it should be 65?

this dosen't happen in all of them... just a few:

for example (this is REAL data, I'll change the password later)

http://www.musica360.com/store/supplier/

username: bellamami

password: forums

you see the totals are being tallied wrong....

Where or how would I fix this?

My Contribution

sorry,

I just had to change the password and username to the previous because I just found out that if you copy the url when're logged in, you can paste it into another browser and be automatically logged in.

That's not a good thing!

My Contribution

Ok This correct all my Db bugs B)

I'll change the install files to this method that will be easyer :)

& also i've change the comments in the .sql files, because are not reconized by major phpmyadmin ;)

Thanks again for this nicely contribution :P

I have it running on a live store because the labels I were dealing with were requesting something like this. But I'm having some strange things happens with some of the products.

1. In the admin, all of my suppliers percentages are set at 65%. So out of a 99? download they should be getting 65?.

2. but I'm showing 99? for 1 download when it should be 65?

this dosen't happen in all of them... just a few:

for example (this is REAL data, I'll change the password later)

you see the totals are being tallied wrong....

Where or how would I fix this?

I'll take a look at your site when I get the chance to, but the contribution was set up so that the percentage you put in the admin is the markup not a discount... (im sure someone could improve this by coding a check box by the side of the percentage to select markup or discount)

This way the supplier puts in his admin the cost price..

The front end of the shop then shows the total of cost price plus the markup percentage..

It is set like this so that you can set the amount of profit you require from each supplier and you allways know the exact price that the supplier is selling the goods to yourself...

I'll take a look at your site when I get the chance to, but the contribution was set up so that the percentage you put in the admin is the markup not a discount... (im sure someone could improve this by coding a check box by the side of the percentage to select markup or discount)

This way the supplier puts in his admin the cost price..

The front end of the shop then shows the total of cost price plus the markup percentage..

It is set like this so that you can set the amount of profit you require from each supplier and you allways know the exact price that the supplier is selling the goods to yourself...

But in the admin, it say Suppliers Percentage, so wouldn't that mean if I'm selling a download for 99?, and I set the Suppliers Percentage to 65%, that their percentage of that sale would be 65??

I'll post the information again and enable you to see it:

Will there be a fix so that someone can't just bookmark (or copy) the url when logged in, and use it to access the backend without actually logging in?

My Contribution

But in the admin, it say Suppliers Percentage, so wouldn't that mean if I'm selling a download for 99?, and I set the Suppliers Percentage to 65%, that their percentage of that sale would be 65??

I'll post the information again and enable you to see it:

Will there be a fix so that someone can't just bookmark (or copy) the url when logged in, and use it to access the backend without actually logging in?

No what happens is that if you enter a price for a product in your normal admin.. the price for cost and the price for final list will be the same..

If a supplier enters a price in his admin then the price he enters is his cost price to you and the final price will be that plus your suppliers markup percentage..

This means that if your supplier is selling you something and he enters his price at $1.00 and you have set that supplier to have a 30% markup the price shown at the front of the site will be $1.30

If you enter a price for a product in your admin for a product then the price will just be the price you entered.

I'm trying to get it so that in your normal admin you can enter a cost price or a list price. if you enter a cost price then it will calculate what the list price should be determined by the supplier markup percentage if a supplier has been associated with that product. BUT on the supplier side... they only see the cost price they have entered and not what the final price will be..

When they view their stats they will see how many they have sold and the total cost price of those sales and not the total list price..

It used a session code, so you would need something that hides that.. Its the same when someone is shopping on your store. if they added things to their basket and copied the url and sent it to someone, then that person would be able to be automatically loged in to that customers account and have the items in the basket..

Thats the problem with sessions.. But why would the supplier send their admin control pannel to someone else? and if they did then it would only effect that supplier and not the rest..

I could do with a good coder to help with this contribution as I'm not really a coder... but I'm doing my best..

Edited by Rochdalemark

This is looking really good. Is there a screenshot of the supplier area anywhere please?

Can the supplier check the level of sales of his products through that screen?

Thanks

Simon

I'll post a screen shot when we get the last bugs squeezed out..

But yes the supplier has two screens he can access.

One is the products and categories screen where he can add his products to the categories you have allowed him access to.

The other is the statistics screen where he can view all of his products, how many times they have been viewed and how many have been purchased and the total cost price for the sales. This will allow him to access whether he needs to alter the description and make it more informative or reduce the price a little or maybe increase it slightly if there are a lot of sales..

No what happens is that if you enter a price for a product in your normal admin.. the price for cost and the price for final list will be the same..

If a supplier enters a price in his admin then the price he enters is his cost price to you and the final price will be that plus your suppliers markup percentage..

This means that if your supplier is selling you something and he enters his price at $1.00 and you have set that supplier to have a 30% markup the price shown at the front of the site will be $1.30

If you enter a price for a product in your admin for a product then the price will just be the price you entered.

So how would this effect me since I've deleted the "product" pages so that the labels can't enter anything. The only thing they can do is SEE how many downloads of theirs I've sold. Where should I look (what php page) to modify it so that it takes 65% off of the price listed on the website?

I could do with a good coder to help with this contribution as I'm not really a coder... but I'm doing my best..

You're not really a coder and you created this? Wow! You've done a great job then. A lot better than I could do. Thanks for making this a contribution and taking the time to help us work it out

Edited by Mediajuggle

My Contribution

Hi Rochedalemark,

i stumbled over your contribution and it`s look like a real plus compared to the standard installation.

i installed your contribution and it is easy to handle.

but there are two things i am wondering about: how do you think to handle the "backend"? let me explain what i mean with

backend.

scenario: i am the owner of a osc shop, and also the Admin. i am selling products. so far so good, nothing special.

no i would like to open my shop for other suppliers, so that they are able to sell products over my site. so in fact, my

simple shop is now something like a marketplace.

your contribution handles that quite nice. i also like the possibility to change the price typed in by my suppliers by

percentage. so actually i am the plattform and i am earning money for delivering the marketplace (like ebay). i only

boost the price given by my suppliers by 1 percent, thats my marge.

but what about the backend? every order comes to me as i am the owner of the shop. then i have manually to send the order to the supplier

and substract my 1 percent. same thing with the delivery of the product. actually i dont wanna have to do anything with

the customer and the supplier, instead of helping out if something went wrong.

so best thing would be:

if the supplier logs in, he see's the products he is selling and the prices like now. in addition to this he sees

all the orders, the adresses where he has to deliver the product and so on.

thats what i meant with backend...

greetings Jupiters ,)

ps: i just saw: orders are viewable by suppliers

Edited by Jupiters

when i'm trying to log into supplier area i'm getting function language error :/

i've try differents way to solve this problem but i'm not developer & i turn around :s

I was getting that as well when i was trying to log in from:

www.mysite.com/suppliers_area.php

try logging in at:

www.mysite.com/supplier/suppliers_area.php

that will probably work... it's already set up that way so u don't have to move anything around...

My Contribution

huhu i've tryed this before, & it was not working, because i've not configure the configure's file :D

so that's seems good, exept that i'm getting FCKeditor problem :o

Warning: main(FCKeditor/fckeditor.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /homepages/31/d139593885/htdocs/boutique/administrator/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'FCKeditor/fckeditor.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /homepages/31/d139593885/htdocs/boutique/administrator/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 13

huhu i've tryed this before, & it was not working, because i've not configure the configure's file :D

so that's seems good, exept that i'm getting FCKeditor problem :o

Cant be the contribution, it dosn't use the fckeditor..

you havnt altered your norman admin configure file have you?