• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Transaction Mode In Secpay

needmorebeerformewallaby

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me the differnces between the settings on transactions mode in the secpay module? Can anyone tell me what the production setting is used for? I have my site set to always sucessfull at the minute however i am not sure if this is correct or not? Any advice would be great!

Thank You..

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've not been to this board for a while and can see that getting a reply from anyone is now pretty difficult. To answer your question .... if you haven't got your head round it yet:

"Always Successful" means that the transaction will always get authorised at SECPay (but no money changes hands) regardless of credit card details used - it is a testing state.

"Always Fail" is the opposite of this. All transactions will fail - even with valid card details.

These states are used to test your cart for what happens when cards go through or when they do not, without needing to use your real credit card details.

"Production" is the state your SECPay module should be in once you're live and ready to accept real punters buying real stuff from your shop.

Hope this is of help

Hi Everyone,

Can someone tell me the differnces between the settings on transactions mode in the secpay module? Can anyone tell me what the production setting is used for? I have my site set to always sucessfull at the minute however i am not sure if this is correct or not? Any advice would be great!

Thank You..

Hi

I've not been to this board for a while and can see that getting a reply from anyone is now pretty difficult. To answer your question .... if you haven't got your head round it yet:

"Always Successful" means that the transaction will always get authorised at SECPay (but no money changes hands) regardless of credit card details used - it is a testing state.

"Always Fail" is the opposite of this. All transactions will fail - even with valid card details.

These states are used to test your cart for what happens when cards go through or when they do not, without needing to use your real credit card details.

"Production" is the state your SECPay module should be in once you're live and ready to accept real punters buying real stuff from your shop.

Hope this is of help

Thanks Kevin for your reply, its much appericated.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Hi Chaps! I'm all setup or at least I thought I was until someone made a transaction and it's still going through as test :-(

I think from this thread it tells me I'm still in Always Successful mode. How do I change it to Production?

Thanks

Edited by hostyork

Andrew

Hi Chaps! I'm all setup or at least I thought I was until someone made a transaction and it's still going through as test :-(

I think from this thread it tells me I'm still in Always Successful mode. How do I change it to Production?

Thanks

Hi York,

You can change it to production mode in the admin console by going to the payment section where the secpay module is located.

Hope this helps.

Steve

Hi York,

You can change it to production mode in the admin console by going to the payment section where the secpay module is located.

Hope this helps.

Dohhhh... why didn't I see it?

Sometimes you get that involved with a project that you can't see the errors yourself!

Thanks

Andrew

www.hostyorkshire.com

Andrew