• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

article manager 1.2b-1054-'a.authors_id'

fimilola

Hi,

Just installed article manager 1.2b) with spanish translation and it works great admin side but the articles box displays this:

1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

select a.articles_id from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '10' and td.language_id = '10' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL

If I take out the a. then it displays ok but each article is multiplied by the number of authors and then i have this message:

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '10' and td.language_id = '10' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '30' DAY)

Since i don't know anything about SQL , can someone help me on this?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Just installed article manager 1.2b) with spanish translation and it works great admin side but the articles box displays this:

select a.articles_id from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '10' and td.language_id = '10' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL

If I take out the a. then it displays ok but each article is multiplied by the number of authors and then i have this message:

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '10' and td.language_id = '10' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '30' DAY)

Thanks

I have this problem before when I use mysql v5.0

after that I downgrade into mysql v4.1 everything works fine

I think the problem because the sql format is not compatible with mysql 5.0

Cheers,

Ricsen

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks

I had this problem. I wrapped the FROM statements in () and it works fine now. Something to do with the way the new MySQL 5 functions are prioritized.

before - ("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_TOPICS . " where parent_id =

after - ("select count(*) as total from (" . TABLE_TOPICS . ") where parent_id =

HTH

• 4 months later...
I had this problem. I wrapped the FROM statements in () and it works fine now. Something to do with the way the new MySQL 5 functions are prioritized.

before - ("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_TOPICS . " where parent_id =

after - ("select count(*) as total from (" . TABLE_TOPICS . ") where parent_id =

HTH

having the same problem as above, but not sure where these statements can be found? are these changes to be made within a php file, or does something have to be changed in SQL through phpMyAdmin? thanks.

I'm not sure smart on this one, I know MySQL... but I'll try and make a effort to help.

Now... the issue is an SQL I know that for a fact, no need for PHP file editing.

Can you post up your SQL for the table that the query is in please, thanks.

Installed Contributions: AJAX Menu, AJAX Attributed Manager, AP URL ReWriting, Credit Class and Gift Vouchers, CCGV Report, Date of Birth PullDown, FCKEditor for Product Desc., Monthly Installment Payments, More Pictures 6, MSRP Savings, Must Agree to Terms on Checkout, Order Editor, Payment Method Fee, PopUp Promo, Private Messages, Purchase Order, Purchase Order Application, Secure Admin Login-Logout, STS Plus, SugarCRM Integration, Supertracker, Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts, Your Recent History.

23 Total Contributions Installed :)

baby boy - thanks for the offer to help! however, between this article http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=208286 and similar issues sited in the Article Manager support thread, seems there may be a PHP statement in the file that isn't compatible with newer versions of MySQL.

i'd be happy to post the SQL for the table, but unfortunately, my SQL knowledge is zero and i don't know how to do that. :(

in catalog\includes\boxes\articles.php change these:

$articles_new_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY)");

to

$articles_new_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a on (a.articles_id=a2t.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on (a.articles_id=ad.articles_id) where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY)");

further down change:

$articles_all_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

to

$articles_all_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a on (a.articles_id=a2t.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on (a.articles_id=ad.articles_id) where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

may have spoke too soon - the solution fixed the errors on the main index.php screen, but now when i click the "Articles" link, i receive the following:

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

any ideas? sorry to be a pain. :blush:

in catalog\articles.php change the following:

1. From

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

to

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a on (a.articles_id=a2t.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on (a.articles_id=ad.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

2. from

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

to:

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a on (a.articles_id=a2t.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on (a.articles_id=ad.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['authors_id'] . "' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

3. from

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$current_topic_id . "' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

to:

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a on (a.articles_id=a2t.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$current_topic_id . "' and au.authors_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

4. from

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$current_topic_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

to:

$listing_sql = "select a.articles_id, a.authors_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_name, td.topics_name, a2t.topics_id from " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a on (a.articles_id=a2t.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on (a.articles_id=ad.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_status = '1' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a2t.topics_id = '" . (int)$current_topic_id . "' order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

haven't tested anything so backup your files.

no idea how you're doing this - wish i could be helping! (feel pretty useless) :'(

that worked in that now the topics are showing! still when i drill down to the article level, getting the following error:

select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available, a.authors_id, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_description, ad.articles_url, au.authors_name from articles a, articles_description ad left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id where a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = '2' and ad.articles_id = a.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

is this something that i can be changing on my own? usually pretty good technically and beginning to feel very dumb.

thanks again for the excellent support enigma.

in catalog\article_info.php change this:

$article_info_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available, a.authors_id, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_description, ad.articles_url, au.authors_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id where a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id'] . "' and ad.articles_id = a.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

to this:

$article_info_query = tep_db_query("select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, a.articles_date_available, a.authors_id, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_description, ad.articles_url, au.authors_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a left join " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad on (a.articles_id=ad.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id where a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['articles_id'] . "' and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

enigma - again, no idea how you did this - but amazing. guess that's why you're the enigma. :D

working flawlessly, thanks so much. wish there was some way i could return the favor.

• 3 weeks later...

This is in articles_new.php:

$articles_new_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

I get: 1054 - Unknown column 'a.authors_id' in 'on clause'

Can you tell me what I need to change?

Thanks,

Philip

• 5 weeks later...

Change:

$articles_new_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

to:

$articles_new_query_raw = "select a.articles_id, a.articles_date_added, ad.articles_name, ad.articles_head_desc_tag, au.authors_id, au.authors_name, td.topics_id, td.topics_name from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a left join " .  TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t  on (a.articles_id=a2t.articles_id) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join " . TABLE_AUTHORS . " au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_DESCRIPTION . " ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '" . NEW_ARTICLES_DAYS_DISPLAY . "' DAY) order by a.articles_date_added desc, ad.articles_name";

same mechanics

:D

Desarro de softaware a medida.

Desarrollo de módulos osCommerce , Zencart, Virtuemart, etc..

http://ZhenIT.com

• 10 months later...

I have altered all above codes but still getting this error message

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1' and a.articles_date_added > SUBDATE(now( ), INTERVAL '365' DAY)

Any advices ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have followed all of the instructions as outlined in the previous messages. (And thanks very much the detail was great). But unfortunately I am still getting the following message when I open my catalog/articles.php page

select count(*) as total from articles a, articles_to_topics a2t left join topics_description td on a2t.topics_id = td.topics_id left join authors au on a.authors_id = au.authors_id, articles_description ad where (a.articles_date_available IS NULL or to_days(a.articles_date_available) <= to_days(now())) and a.articles_id = a2t.articles_id and a.articles_status = '1' and a.articles_id = ad.articles_id and ad.language_id = '1' and td.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

I am using osCMax which is based on osCommerce but has changed the layout using a different template system. Even compensating for the differences I am getting no where with this contribution. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I can do next? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

• 1 year later...

sorry to bring up a old post but when I installed this conb. I get

All Articles

Current Articles

[TEP STOP]

• 4 months later...
sorry to bring up a old post but when I installed this conb. I get

All Articles

Current Articles

[TEP STOP]

Look for the queries containing:

from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on

and change them into:

from (" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on

(putting parenthesis after "from" and before "left join" statements).

MySQL 5.0.15 follows the syntax rules of SQL:2003:

<from clause> ::= FROM <table reference list>

<table reference list> ::=

<table reference> [ { <comma> <table reference> }… ]

<table reference> ::=

<table factor>

| <joined table>

<joined table> ::=

<cross join>

| <qualified join>

| <natural join>

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Look for the queries containing:

from " . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on

and change them into:

from (" . TABLE_ARTICLES . " a, " . TABLE_ARTICLES_TO_TOPICS . " a2t) left join " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td on

(putting parenthesis after "from" and before "left join" statements).

MySQL 5.0.15 follows the syntax rules of SQL:2003:

<from clause> ::= FROM <table reference list>

<table reference list> ::=

<table reference> [ { <comma> <table reference> }… ]

<table reference> ::=

<table factor>

| <joined table>

<joined table> ::=

<cross join>

| <qualified join>

| <natural join>

This works for the New Articles, but what needs to be done for the articles.php which is the All Articles?

I find four references in the code for the above and changed them but still get the error message.

I did the recommended articles.php edit that is suggested in the 7 Aug 2008 fix and now have both articles.php and articles_new.php working.

However, I have another problem in regards to subtopics. I am getting a page not found:

Topic-Addictions (http://www.mydomain.com/store/addictions-t-10.html)

Subtopic-Alcohol.

When clicking on Alcohol subtopic I am routed to the following URL that says URL not on server.

http://www.mydomain.com/store/addictions-t-10_12.html

EDIT-Fixed by adding these RewriteRule in .htaccess

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+_[0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

RewriteRule ^(.*)-t-([0-9]+_[0-9]+_[0-9]+).html$ articles.php?tPath=$2&%{QUERY_STRING}

Edited by newtech