• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Customized Product Listing?

Dr_DK

Check the "Contributors" section. I'm sure there are plenty of those in there.

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

Kwalker,

Thanks for the input. I have tried searching not only contributions but even googled it and no luck so far. i want to change the design of the product_listing.php so that I see:

Product Thumbnail :|: Product Name -

:|: Product Price - Add To Cart

:|: Product description

So if you know of some fixes or contribs that would be great. Thanks again.

Check the "Contributors" section. I'm sure there are plenty of those in there.

So that instead of 5 columns I want to have 2 columns with 3 rows...

Thanks again...

Kwalker,

Thanks for the input. I have tried searching not only contributions but even googled it and no luck so far. i want to change the design of the product_listing.php so that I see:

Product Thumbnail :|: Product Name -

:|: Product Price - Add To Cart

:|: Product description

So if you know of some fixes or contribs that would be great. Thanks again.

Something else I am not getting where the information for tables is stored from product_listing.php???

So that instead of 5 columns I want to have 2 columns with 3 rows...

Thanks again...

Does anyone have any tips?

For quick and nasty layout changes you can of course cut and paste html right into the product description including tables, graphics, and other goodies.

Backup before making changes. Backup before making changes! Backup before making changes!!

You did do a backup? eh?

ddp - thanks.

That would however only help for product_info.php under product description which is really not a big fix.

I am playing around in product_listing.php and I am able to change it a bit but just can't find there to do valign=top fo the cells since they all seem to be at default and they have regular align left right center but no valign any help appreciated!

Mine is going to be messy and not so good since 35% of my osc coding is customized.

Well the set up rather simple if you look at it more. The product listing cases just draw data from the dB and create the cells you select within admin. So my workaround was combining and editing some of the php within each case to make my own look & style.

Ex: case NAME take the lc_text from case PRICE and put it next to or at the end of case Name right before the ending '; on there you can add < br > in between but you'll get the idea. :-)

If I get more time maybe I should make a contribution from within admin on setting it up as part of the template or make it add-on for STS...

Happy coding.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Did you ever get chance to make a contrib.

I have been playing with Product_listing for ages now but cannot figure out how to get the layout I want.

I am trying to put the price below the product name, and then the buy now below the manufactuer.

Any ideas?

Thanks

W

Mine is going to be messy and not so good since 35% of my osc coding is customized.

Well the set up rather simple if you look at it more. The product listing cases just draw data from the dB and create the cells you select within admin. So my workaround was combining and editing some of the php within each case to make my own look & style.

Ex: case NAME take the lc_text from case PRICE and put it next to or at the end of case Name right before the ending '; on there you can add < br > in between but you'll get the idea. :-)

If I get more time maybe I should make a contribution from within admin on setting it up as part of the template or make it add-on for STS...

Happy coding.