• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyMap

Jack_mcs

Thanks. I did not have the separation. But it looks like a maximum of 3 locations is allowed, is this correct? In changing the locations, I'm not sure why, but even after refreshing cache, an old marker location shows. It also looks like a maximum of 5 marker labels can be entered. I would like to show customer city locations, which could number 100 or greater. Is there a limitation on this?

There's no intentional limit but I had set the size for the location field to be 64 characters and that is what is limiting it. The label field is set to 20, which will also be too small for what you want to do. So you will need to edit the easymap table in the database and change those two fields to a higher number. You may also need to increase the maximum size of the form field in admin fro them so it allows you to enter longer strings. I'll make a note to change those in the next version.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, Jack.

It looks like for getting the widest world view, zoom level 1 or 2 is probably best.

By making a period (.) as the marker label, all the marker locations look similar, and if I'm not mistaken, zoom is relative to Greenwich, so the more I zoom, the less I will see of west coast U.S., Europe and so on.

Is there a way for me to add a caption (for the city), when the mouse hovers over a particular marker? My marker locations only contain city and province / state / country without streets.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Jack

Installed EasyMap 3.1 on my OSc 2.3.3 with no probls on catalog side but admin looks bit wrong, seems it still using some old 2.2 RC... code. See scheenshoot.

Also found in admin/easymap.php - TEXT_VERSION_CHECK_UPDATES, TEXT_MISSING_VERSION_CHECKER are not definded in language file and (visit the support thread) linked to Daily Specials.

http://www.trade24h.co.uk/screen.jpg

Edited by leveera

I can't be sure but your image seems to show Easy Map in the Tools section. If that is the case, then you made a mistake since it has its own section.

For the missing definitions, you need to upload the Version Checker files. Just unzip it and upload the files in the admin directory to your admin directory.

Thanks for mentioning the wrong link. I will correct that.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack,

Thanks for reply

Sorry forgot to mention I moved easymap to Tools section, not mistake but just to avoid extra folder. Anyway the bug is same whenever easymap in own folder or under Tools menu.

Looks like

icons: {
'header': 'ui-icon-plus',
'headerSelected': 'ui-icon-minus'
}

are in wrong place on admin easymap page and it only like this in IE8

Also, admin/include/functions/easymap.php is empty file in last package

Edited by leveera

I tested it in IE, FF and Chrome and it displays fine for me. And I compared the files in my test shop to be sure they are the same as the last release, which they are. So the display problem is either due to something in your admin or a mistake in the installation. As for the function file, thanks for mentioning that but isn't used so it should be empty.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

'ok, sorted.

Rendering prob in admin/easymap.php because my IE8 don't like

<style type="text/css"> .....</style>

where it is.

Simply deleted css block and replaced styles to available in default stylesheet.

Happy now )))

Edited by leveera

• 4 months later...

Hi Jack,

Thanks for another great contribution.

4) In includes/languages/english/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

(and any language file you use), before the last ?>

ADD:

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_EASYMAP', 'Locate Us');

That didn't work for me. Should be

define('MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_EASYMAP', 'Locate Us');

Or maybe better to change this step and keep things written in the same way.

3) In includes/modules/boxes/bm_information.php

REPLACE

' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_CONTACT . '</a>'

with

' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_CONTACT . '</a><br>' .

' <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_EASYMAP) . '">' . MODULE_BOXES_INFORMATION_BOX_EASYMAP . '</a>'

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing text in capital letters usually means a definition is missing. In this case, it is in the languages file included with this addon so it seems you didn't upload everything.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons