• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

EasyMap

Jack_mcs

Hi Jack,

This happens when attempting to download the newest version:

Not Found

The requested URL /contributions/EasyMap_V_3.0.zip was not found on this server.

(couldn't find the map? that's a good punchline!)

jk

It's happenning with other too. Seems the new software has a problem. Reporting to a moderator or Harold may help. They are the only ones that can fix it.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

There are a couple of bugs in the installation instructions for 2.3.1:

8) In admin/includes/column_left.php, before the last ?>

ADD:

includes(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'easymap.php');

should be:

8) In admin/includes/column_left.php, before the first ?>

ADD:

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'easymap.php');

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

This new revision is GREAT, Jack !

Under the multi-lingual 2.3 environment, the "update_form" in "~/admin/easymap.php" ignored the language_id and all records in the "easymap" table will be reset to latest update whenever the [update] button is pressed.

Such as, multi-lingual address or the "Market Label" cannot keep for different languages.

(I can submit the Traditional Chinese sub-package codes for your troubleshooting, if you want.)

crying.gif

There are a couple of bugs in the installation instructions for 2.3.1:

Regards

Jim

YaNotCook !!

This new revision is GREAT, Jack !

Under the multi-lingual 2.3 environment, the "update_form" in "~/admin/easymap.php" ignored the language_id and all records in the "easymap" table will be reset to latest update whenever the [update] button is pressed.

Such as, multi-lingual address or the "Market Label" cannot keep for different languages.

(I can submit the Traditional Chinese sub-package codes for your troubleshooting, if you want.)

crying.gif

The map data is the same for all languages since the shop doesn't move if the language is different. The text for each language will be saved though. I tested that here and it is working. Is that not the case with yours?

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks Jack for your efficient reply!

Here's my "easymap.sql" partial data insertion:

INSERT INTO easymap (

street_address ,

zoomlevel ,

mapsize ,

maptype ,

language_name ,

markersize ,

markercolor ,

markerlabel ,

markerlocation ,

language_id ,

page_text

)

VALUES (

'135 Belchar Street, Kennedy Town, HK', '14', '800x600', 'roadmap', 'english', 'mid', 'blue', 'S', '135 Belchar Street, Keenedy Town, Hong Kong', '1', 'See below for our nearest location.'

);

VALUES (

'香港西環堅尼地城卑路乍街135號', '14', '800x600', 'roadmap', 'Traditional Chinese', 'mid', 'blue', 'N', '香港西環堅尼地城卑路乍街135號', '2', '請參閱以下地圖找出最近的位置.'

);

In Asian countries, like Hong Kong, English and Traditional Chinese are the official tongues. As a result, the address can be in both character sets. In China, the address can be in both Simplified Chinese characters and Romanization. Or in Singapore, can be in .... .

The above can also be searched in Google Map web site in either character sets.

Whenever there is any change in the "Admin-Easymap" GUI, such as "Zoom Level", "Marker Label", all the data set in different language_id for the above "easymap.sql" will be reset to the same. Those fields NOT define in the "update_form" of the "admin/easymap.php" are remained unchanged.

:P

The map data is the same for all languages since the shop doesn't move if the language is different. The text for each language will be saved though. I tested that here and it is working. Is that not the case with yours?

YaNotCook !!

Whenever there is any change in the "Admin-Easymap" GUI, such as "Zoom Level", "Marker Label", all the data set in different language_id for the above "easymap.sql" will be reset to the same. Those fields NOT define in the "update_form" of the "admin/easymap.php" are remained unchanged.

Yes, because there is only one set of values provided. As mentioned, the only language related data that is stored is the page text. The other values are common. I didn't think there was a reason to provide separate data for different languages since I assumed the address would be the same regardless. I'll change the code in the next version to allow for complete database records based on the language.

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello, Jack !

Just learned from this site

http://spreadsheets....kXsoM05KQ&gid=1

and quoted from your file "~catalog/locate-us.php" at line 24

$showMap = "http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?language=<language_code_from_above_link>&center=";

works fine for those valid languages defined in the above spread sheet.

crying.gif

... the code in the next version to allow for complete database records based on the language.

YaNotCook !!

in locate-us.php on line 40 replace: -

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_EASYMAP));

with

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOCATE_US));

This will fix the breadcrumb linking to the admin easymap.php from the catalog locate-us.php page.

Ben

in locate-us.php on line 40 replace: -

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_EASYMAP));

with

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOCATE_US));

This will fix the breadcrumb linking to the admin easymap.php from the catalog locate-us.php page.

No, the code is correct as it is.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

A new version has been uploaded with these changes:

- Added option to allow the customer to resize the map

- Added option to allow the customer to change the map type

- Added language options for the language related items

- Corrected mistake in 2.3 readme install instructions

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Could this addon work for listed products in different locations/categories?

For instance, a map for one product in one location and a map for a different product in a different location? Basically a map on each product info page?

No, not the way it is coded. But adding a map is as simple as adding a link so you could easily do that by adding the needed line to product description. You can look at the V3 API on how to do it.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jack,

Just uploaded the latest version and I can't get the map to display. I went through the install three times but can't figure out why it won't show.

I did find and error for the 2.2 install. In admin/includes/column_left.php the correct line should be require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'easymap.php'); not includes

Other than that, I can't see any issues. Is the functions/easymap.php supposed to have blank coding just titles?

FYI I am using 2.2 RC2 my site is http//:www.lyonsperformance.com

Thanks and Happy New Year!

Matt

Just uploaded the latest version and I can't get the map to display. I went through the install three times but can't figure out why it won't show.

The map displays fine for me when I look at your site. You do have the size set to 21 so there isn't much to see but it is displaying.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I'm searching a way to put a google map image on my product description for every manufacturer.

www.thevine.be is a winewebshop

and I want my customers to see where the vineyard is. Is there a possibility to do this.

for the moment I use it this way

http://www.thevine.be/catalog/prijsklasse-castelli-grevepesa-gualdo-luco-2001-p-179.html

just copy paste the embded link in your description with wysiwyg editor

Thanks already for your reply

Greetings,

Alex

Edited by zediks

I'm searching a way to put a google map image on my product description for every manufacturer.

www.thevine.be is a winewebshop

and I want my customers to see where the vineyard is. Is there a possibility to do this.

for the moment I use it this way

http://www.thevine.be/catalog/prijsklasse-castelli-grevepesa-gualdo-luco-2001-p-179.html

just copy paste the embded link in your description with wysiwyg editor

Thanks already for your reply

Greetings,

Alex

All you need to do is enter the url following the rules herehere.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 months later...

Hi Jack,

I have this working great, but to bring it into line with the new admin buttons I am trying to change this code

<td align="center"><?php echo (tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE, 'name="update_form"') ); ?></td>

the bit I am struggling with is where to place the 'name="update_form"' into the tep_draw_button.

Regards

Mark

Hi Jack,

I have this working great, but to bring it into line with the new admin buttons I am trying to change this code

<td align="center"><?php echo (tep_image_submit('button_update.gif', IMAGE_UPDATE, 'name="update_form"') ); ?></td>

the bit I am struggling with is where to place the 'name="update_form"' into the tep_draw_button.

I haven't used that function (or even looked at it) so I don't have an answer for you. I'll put it on the list to look at though. In the meantime, you could look at other uses in te shop to see how it is used.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 4 months later...

Hello, Jack,

I was able to get Easymap working on my test website, but I’m having issues with it showing more than 1 location on a map.

I was getting an SQL error when adding another location (Boston) to the default New York location, so I deleted the easymap table and re-created it without a Primary Key, which allowed another record to be added, but only 1 is displayed.

I thought that more than 1 location should be handled in locate-us.php by the code that is there:

if (count($markerLabels) > 0) {

for ($i = 0; $i < count($markerLabels); ++$i) {

$showMap .= "&markers=color:" . $easymap['markercolor'];

$showMap .= "|label:" . $markerLabels[$i] . '|' . $markerLocations[$i];

}

}

but this does not seem to be the case.

Do you have any suggestions?

Stanley

It should work as it is. I just tried it here and it shows both markers. But if the markers are not close, you may have to adjust the map size in order to see both of them. Also, go back into the easymap section in admin and make sure you have the locations separated by | and there is a marker entry for all of the locations.

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks. I did not have the separation. But it looks like a maximum of 3 locations is allowed, is this correct? In changing the locations, I'm not sure why, but even after refreshing cache, an old marker location shows. It also looks like a maximum of 5 marker labels can be entered. I would like to show customer city locations, which could number 100 or greater. Is there a limitation on this?