• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] STS PLUS v4

One more thing...this gets a lot of people confused....

You will also have to copy the "clean_osc" folder and all of it's files as well into the same named folders on your root folder. For example: "Admin" to your "Admin" folder, "Includes" to your "Includes" folder.

You actually onle need the files within each folder. Do not add and additional "Admin" folder inside your current "Admin" folder, just add the files.

Good luck,

Bill Kellum

Hello again Bill,

thank you so very much for breaking this all down for me so appreciate it thus far very much,

I do have a few more questions on this please to better understand it all, you say to Not add another

"admin" folder however in the clean OSC folder there is a :admin folder in there already so am I safe

to FTP both the OSC folder over to my main html folder( this is where the OSC is in that was installed

for me), and then FTP the "upload" folder as well over to

the root directory OR should I go for copy and paste method of each of these individual files OR

can I simply go thru my admin panel online and just hit upload each of these folders and if I do it

this last method way will it sort itself out where everything needs to install or please advise me how to

get everything in there right perpective folders please as I understand your steps above your saying

everything here in the STSPlus goes only into all my HTML folder then which is where and how Fantasico

installed the working OSC files. is that correct at least on that part of it thus far?

again I cant thank you enough for helping me get this installed as yes I know a bit more on HTML

then I do on PHP but I am learning and can most of the time follow the instructions laid out like you

have been thus far so kind to do for me once again I will wait for your reply as to how to proceed

and then I will give this a go:)

starz

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

starz,

I know the install might be a little confusing so I will try to make it simple for you.

Installation

- Make a backup of your application. (for this installation, I would suggest just making a folder on your computer called "oscommerce_backup" and copy ALL your oscommerce files and folders to this folder.)

- Upload new files to your application. All new files are located in the "upload" folder. (Do not upload the actual folder called "upload" but rather the contents of this folder.) You will upload these files and folders to your store directory, for you it would be your root drive. The folders included in the sts download "upload" folder are the following:

includes

classes

functions

languages

english

modules

sts

modules

sts

sts_inc

sts_templates

test

content

So, for the above folders, insert them into the appropriate folders of the same name in your store. Since you already have a
, you would only put the contents of the "includes" folder there, not another folder within the folder. You may be overthinking this a bit. It's really pretty simple. If you someone gave you an apple basket full of apples but you already had an apple basket, you would just dump or "upload" the addition apples into your exiting apple basket and throw away the new apple basket. ;)

- If you have a fresh MS2 installation, you can copy the files from the folder "fresh" over your catalog. (Don't be fooled by this step. This is an either/or statement. You must EITHER copy the files from the "clean_osc" folder into your store directories OR do the manual edits to each one of the pages on your own. You NEED these files in addition to the files in the Upload folder.

- If you have a modified shop, you can use a comparison program to update your shop with the files in the folder "fresh", and forget the manual modifications. (Do this step only if you chose the "OR" option in the previous step. This step is included for those who have a lot of contributions already installed and would rather dig into the "nuts-an-bolts" of STS Plus on thier own to have more control over the installation. This is a good thing but if you don't need it, you can skip this step.

That's all there is to the file uploads anyway. :-

Once you have the contribution uploaded, follow the Configuration steps in the install HTML file that was included.

Hope this helps,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Hello Bill,

Hats off to you I followed your ABC steps here so to speak, and everything went on the files as planed, or at least i think everything did, I used the FTP method and just let it rewrite all the folders and files needed as per your instructions but I didnt do the catolog one itself ( thanks for the apple explanation I got that one LOL)

and yes now for my next question here please if I may??????

How does one use this please????

it looks like you still need to know PHP althought I only just started to look it all over for the time being to double check that all the folders went into the site itself, but even though some of the things stayed the same the Boxes themselves all seem to have gone wider then the stock version of the OSC script itself so I needed to ask first off how can I put them back to how the OSC looked,

but most importantly how can i use this now in HTML version to move the boxes around and veiw them etc etc...

As if i was building a HTML website please if you can be further kind and give me a guide how to start I am sure I can learn this part of it a bit faster then I did to install it, I also need to ask how do i get the contributes that I used before to work here now, can I still install them the same as I did before as I used the right and the left columns to alter those to add the google adsense box in for example but I noticed that the STS also added there own left and right columns pages in there as well or I believe they just rewrote over my original files there so do I use those or the ones on the root directory to add those contributes back in please? ALso everyone keeps talking about this headertag contribute and I would like to use that here as well with this if I can?? is that possiable to do that as well with the STS installed?

I do want to thank you very very much for taking the time that you have thus far done and walked me thru the above steps I dont think I would have gotten this far without your help and for that alone I am thankful to have this forum here for us newbies to be able to come here when/if we get stuck as I had done up until you helped me with this.

I will await your reply back with the next step on making this work so that I get the full use of this new great contribute. and again THANK YOU BILL.

starz

Hello, and thankyou very much for this contribution. It has made life easier, wouldn't go without it!

My objective is:

1. Remove an error message, the same one repeated, that appears on top of the page at 'cart contents', ''checkout', 'login', 'reviews', 'writing review' - plus some other pages, too. Copied sts_template.html and product_info.php_26.html only, and placed them into 'Shop_01' folder. Then renamed 'test' folder to something else to stop it from being accessed. Ifollowed instructions on the 2.2 doc for changes to the outlook of the site, too.

- Confirmed the file sts_template.html in 'Shop_01' folder is the one used, But Where else to look to make correction - remove error message.

2. Debug was working fine before, but through changes and modifications, admin cannot control, whether set to '=debug' or '= ', no debug appears. Any clues for this one?

It will be sweet once it's up and running, sorry for the lame question, and thanks for the contribution. Hope screen shot is visible.

Sonny

Warning: main(includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_template.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\includes\modules\sts_inc\sts_display_output.php on line 21

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/modules/sts_inc/sts_template.html' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\PROGRA~1\EASYPH~1\\php\pear\') in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\includes\modules\sts_inc\sts_display_output.php on line 21

I use a windows server locally installed, OSCversion 2.2 Milestone2, STS PLUS 4.0.7, no other contributions.

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/6673/screen13gr.gif

You can easily use the following javascript to perform a redirect from your root directory to your store directory:

or you could also use a META TAG as in the following example:

I would recommend you put your store back in it's original folder and use one of the above examples. I do believe there is a contribution that would also solve your problem but can't remember which one it is. Do a search on google using the following search code:

By the way, this is a much better way to search these forums than the search features at the top of the forum page. ;)

Good Luck,

Bill Kellum

Thanks Bill... however I have other domains using the same webspace which makes it hard to do a re-direct. Also, does re-directing affect search engine results?

If I do want to keep it in the root, are there STS filesa I need to change? Would it perhaps be better to move it back, uninstall STS, and then try moving it and re-installing STS?

Starz,

I think the most important thing to know about STS Plus 4.07 is that it allows you to "layout" and "design" your store the way "you" want to, even without knowing a ton of PHP to do it. As a matter of fact, the only PHP that you will encounter is the "tag links" that STS Plus 4.07 uses to call for the "real" PHP code.

Take a look at the store that I am working on at the moment. (hatoverheels.com) Click on the "hatalog" link to see more "action". I'm not using this forum to make a plug for a client's store that I am currently working on, but I am providing this link so that all can see the usefullness of this contribution. I have created this store with STS Plus 4.07 being the only additional modified contribution to the default OsCommerce store.

I have "turned off" all my products for sale in the the Admin section so you will not be able to make any purchases. (proof that I am not trying to abuse the purpose of these forums) Unfortunately, this also means you will not be able to view any of the product images as well. This store has a planned "go live" date of March 18, 2006.

Start out by making a killer web site using whatever knowledge you have. (all HTML, flash or whatever)

Now you will want to integrate your Oscommerce store into your website.STS Plus 4.07 allows you to do this in a very simple way.

Add the following code to your existing web page:

<html>

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" href="stylesheet.css" type="text/css">

(this last line is a link to your oscommerce stylesheet that controls most of the colors that you see in your

infoboxes and fonts) You can edit this anyway you like so that the colors match your site.

Now you can start adding the main STS tags that you want included in your HTML template.

You do not have to add any, of course that would mean that no one would be able to view your store.

You can see a list of the tags in the document that came with the contribution. Add as many as you need.

The tags look like the following:

$cataloglogo: The OSC logo and link

$urlcataloglogo: The URL used by the $catalog logo.

$myaccountlogo: The MyAccount graphic and link

$urlmyaccountlogo: The URL used by the My Account function

$cartlogo: The Cart graphic and link

$urlcartlogo: The URL used by the Cart function

$checkoutlogo: The Checkout graphic and link

$urlcheckoutlogo: The URL used by the Checkout function

$breadcrumbs: The "Top > Catalog > whatever..." breadcrumbs text and links

$myaccount: The text version of "My Account" and link. Changes to "Logoff" if logged on.

$urlmyaccount: The URL used by the MyAccount function.

$cartcontents: The text version of the "Cart Contents" function.

$urlcartcontents: The URL used by the MyAccount function.

$checkout: The text version of the "Check Out" function.

$urlcheckout: The URL used by the "Check Out" function.

Here is an example HTML code snippet from my site to show you how you can easily place these tags:

<tr>

<td colspan="12">

<p align="left">$catmenu</p>

<p align="center">$content</td>

<td>

As you can see, it's just a matter of placing them where you want them.

Have fun!

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks Bill... however I have other domains using the same webspace which makes it hard to do a re-direct. Also, does re-directing affect search engine results?

If I do want to keep it in the root, are there STS filesa I need to change? Would it perhaps be better to move it back, uninstall STS, and then try moving it and re-installing STS?

Natalie,

STS Plus 4.07 should work fine with your store files being in the root. You will not need to modify the default settings of STS in order for this to work...should be "business as usual".

As for the redirect, yes and no. Search engines today are a lot smarter than just a few years ago. I mentioned the "meta redirect" earlier, but I don't think that would be a good idea considering how search engines have adapted to how most xxx sites use, or should I say, abuse the use of meta redirects. Javascript redirects and those implemented by your web administrator work best with search engine spiders. You may want to look into doing a redirect using a line of code in your .htacess file. Look here for more details on this:

All in all, if you are concerned with not being ranked or skipped by the search engine spiders, I would leave your store where it's at in the root directory. Just keep it in mind in future modifications to your shop that "catalog" means your root folder.

Don't take this the wrong way, but most people who have to use redirects is usually because of poor planning or some kind of mistake. Taking the time to plan out your site before jumping in head first will usually prevent the need from ever having to use a redirect. Whew....wish someone would have mentioned this to me a long time ago..... :lol:

Good luck,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Starz,

I think the most important thing to know about STS Plus 4.07 is that it allows you to "layout" and "design" your store the way "you" want to, even without knowing a ton of PHP to do it. As a matter of fact, the only PHP that you will encounter is the "tag links" that STS Plus 4.07 uses to call for the "real" PHP code.

Take a look at the store that I am working on at the moment. (hatoverheels.com) Click on the "hatalog" link to see more "action". I'm not using this forum to make a plug for a client's store that I am currently working on, but I am providing this link so that all can see the usefullness of this contribution. I have created this store with STS Plus 4.07 being the only additional modified contribution to the default OsCommerce store.

I have "turned off" all my products for sale in the the Admin section so you will not be able to make any purchases. (proof that I am not trying to abuse the purpose of these forums) Unfortunately, this also means you will not be able to view any of the product images as well. This store has a planned "go live" date of March 18, 2006.

Start out by making a killer web site using whatever knowledge you have. (all HTML, flash or whatever)

Now you will want to integrate your Oscommerce store into your website.STS Plus 4.07 allows you to do this in a very simple way.

Add the following code to your existing web page:

(this last line is a link to your oscommerce stylesheet that controls most of the colors that you see in your

infoboxes and fonts) You can edit this anyway you like so that the colors match your site.

Now you can start adding the main STS tags that you want included in your HTML template.

You do not have to add any, of course that would mean that no one would be able to view your store.

You can see a list of the tags in the document that came with the contribution. Add as many as you need.

The tags look like the following:

Here is an example HTML code snippet from my site to show you how you can easily place these tags:

As you can see, it's just a matter of placing them where you want them.

Have fun!

Hello Bill,

thank you for these steps but I am afraid this doesnt help me much as I dont see the WYSISYG editor on my

site so i am back to trying to make a HTML page which i can start off with that no problem there but when I have tried to use the examples given in the STS4plus version it seems a bit more then what you described there above that needs to be added to get this system to work the proper way, I cant seem to get my head wrapped around this as your steps here seem simple enough but at the same time my steps that came with the STSPlus seem to go a different way,

if you can please please be so kind as to tell me how or where I can go to get at least a working HTML editor that might be a start for me I am at the moment using the everosoft 1stpage editor and that seems to show me as I go along but again the coding seems to be much more then just adding in the codes you mentioned above and at the same time get them to show up,

I am still working on this and from what it looks like will be for weeks at this rate and all I was trying to accomplish was a way that I could use HTML boxes on my products pages so that I can use the affiliate stores I belong to but even this seems far away now, I so hope you can please be a bit kinder here and tell me what I seem to be missing as I have the PHPdesigner as well and I am copying this code etc to try and make it work like the sample templates but I am not getting very far that is for sure!

thanks once again Bill for any and all tips and advice you can guide me on this subject to help me better get it , maybe I didnt install everything or maybe i need to be using the STS plain version instead of the STSPlus what can you please suggest here on that as well please?

thanks

starz

Hello Bill,

thank you for these steps but I am afraid this doesnt help me much as I dont see the WYSISYG editor on my

site so i am back to trying to make a HTML page which i can start off with that no problem there but when I have tried to use the examples given in the STS4plus version it seems a bit more then what you described there above that needs to be added to get this system to work the proper way, I cant seem to get my head wrapped around this as your steps here seem simple enough but at the same time my steps that came with the STSPlus seem to go a different way,

if you can please please be so kind as to tell me how or where I can go to get at least a working HTML editor that might be a start for me I am at the moment using the everosoft 1stpage editor and that seems to show me as I go along but again the coding seems to be much more then just adding in the codes you mentioned above and at the same time get them to show up,

I am still working on this and from what it looks like will be for weeks at this rate and all I was trying to accomplish was a way that I could use HTML boxes on my products pages so that I can use the affiliate stores I belong to but even this seems far away now, I so hope you can please be a bit kinder here and tell me what I seem to be missing as I have the PHPdesigner as well and I am copying this code etc to try and make it work like the sample templates but I am not getting very far that is for sure!

thanks once again Bill for any and all tips and advice you can guide me on this subject to help me better get it , maybe I didnt install everything or maybe i need to be using the STS plain version instead of the STSPlus what can you please suggest here on that as well please?

thanks

starz

You may want to try Frontpage or Dreamweaver. Keep in mind, if you are not running your own server (Apache, PHP, MySQL, PHPAdmin), you will not be able to view the actual cart contents (such as the main content tag $conten) until you upload your edits to your web server. To most this is not an issue. Simply open up a browser window with your store, open up your chosen editor, edit your html and add your tags, upload your page to your web server, and then refresh your browser to show your latest changes.

Just in case you missed this crucial step, your default sts template page would be index.php.html. Once you have designed your store home page, save it as "index.php.html" and be sure that it is in your "test" folder. (these are the default folders and page templates that came with STS Plus)

You can view your newly uploaded store by going to www.yourstore.com/index.php

If you are good with HTML and not so good with PHP, then STS Plus is the contribution that you need to use. Do a search on google for "sts template" "tutorial" to find more detailed info if you are still having a problem grasping this. Keep in mind, STS is NOT a WYSIWYG editor. It DOES allow you to use a WYSIWYG editior like FrontPage or Dreamweaver to layout your shop and even intergrate it into a highly diverse design. You can add your own naviagtional system, add your own new pages, place infoboxes wherever you please, etc...

I stongly suggest finding a tutorial or at least an ebook on Oscommerce if you want to get going fast.

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Natalie,

STS Plus 4.07 should work fine with your store files being in the root. You will not need to modify the default settings of STS in order for this to work...should be "business as usual".

As for the redirect, yes and no. Search engines today are a lot smarter than just a few years ago. I mentioned the "meta redirect" earlier, but I don't think that would be a good idea considering how search engines have adapted to how most xxx sites use, or should I say, abuse the use of meta redirects. Javascript redirects and those implemented by your web administrator work best with search engine spiders. You may want to look into doing a redirect using a line of code in your .htacess file. Look here for more details on this:

All in all, if you are concerned with not being ranked or skipped by the search engine spiders, I would leave your store where it's at in the root directory. Just keep it in mind in future modifications to your shop that "catalog" means your root folder.

Don't take this the wrong way, but most people who have to use redirects is usually because of poor planning or some kind of mistake. Taking the time to plan out your site before jumping in head first will usually prevent the need from ever having to use a redirect. Whew....wish someone would have mentioned this to me a long time ago..... :lol:

Good luck,

Bill Kellum

Thanks for the advise, your help is much appreciated. :)

Hi,

I am a newbie trying to install and use STS plus. I downloaded the folder from contributions, and upload all the folders/files from the upload folder.

Nothing has changed, but I do not get any error messages.

I don't know what to do after this. I guess my question is how do I use it? :(

Hi,

I am a newbie trying to install and use STS plus. I downloaded the folder from contributions, and upload all the folders/files from the upload folder.

Nothing has changed, but I do not get any error messages.

I don't know what to do after this. I guess my question is how do I use it? :(

Check that you have actually uploaded both folders (fresh_osc and Upload) as well as make the changes in the Admin panel once you log into your store. The steps to do this are included with the contribution download. You may also want to visit the "standard" STS forum which has over 493 posts of valuble information that may apply to what you want to do. STS Plus is the same as the standard STS Template system, just with a few convienent extras.

Good Luck,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Check that you have actually uploaded both folders (fresh_osc and Upload) as well as make the changes in the Admin panel once you log into your store. The steps to do this are included with the contribution download. You may also want to visit the "standard" STS forum which has over 493 posts of valuble information that may apply to what you want to do. STS Plus is the same as the standard STS Template system, just with a few convienent extras.

Good Luck,

Bill Kellum

I have been beating my head up against the wall for about three days. I think I am giving up on it. I have read the instructions over and over, but the only success that I get now is the orange bars, but the format is still the standard oscommerce format. Can you explain to me how to actually USE the html file?

I have been beating my head up against the wall for about three days. I think I am giving up on it. I have read the instructions over and over, but the only success that I get now is the orange bars, but the format is still the standard oscommerce format. Can you explain to me how to actually USE the html file?

This is the part of the instructions that I think I am having problems with.'

HOW TO USE:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just modify the

/catalog/includes/sts_template.html (Using

file to look however you want. Use stylesheet settings or HTML setting to

provide a custom look and feel to your site and arrange elements wherever you

like them.____________________________________________________

I do not know how to alter .html code.

It appears that part of the sts functions ARE working because I know see diamondofthesea.com website at the bottom of my page. But the format is still the same.

How do I change the .html code?

Thanks

/catalog/includes/sts_template.html

How do I change the .html code?

If you are not familiar with HTML, maybe you should use a WYSIWYG HTML editor like Microsoft FrontPage or Dreamweaver. These programs will allow you to edit the above file anyway you like. To make it a functional OsCommerce store however, you will have to add the placeholder tags ($content and so on) to place the infoboxes and main content into your store. The tags that are available to use are included in the contribution.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello,

thanks for great contribution.

I have high modified osc shop. I installed your contribution and all works fine after a few changes.

But I have the problems with the js. If any file like product_info.php has a javascript in the code, then it doesn't work. I have many files with js script inside and all of them stopped work with js.

Could you help me with the problem?

Thanks,

Igor.

P.S. I use only sts_template.html and default module for all pages.

Edited by IGonza

I think that this is a fairly easy question. I'm looking to use the checkout button but I've noticed there's no tag for it. Can I just put:

$sts->template['checkoutbutton'] = blah blah blah

into the general.php file located in /includes/modules/sts_inc/ or would this cause a serious problem. Just looking for a confirmation before I go ahead and do it.

Found small bug.

I noticed that after this contribution was installed I got an error on product_reviews_info.php page. It displayed wrong information.

I fixed that but this way :

replaces all variables $review with $review_pr .

And it works correct now for me.

Thanks,

Igor.

I think that this is a fairly easy question. I'm looking to use the checkout button but I've noticed there's no tag for it. Can I just put:

$sts->template['checkoutbutton'] = blah blah blah

into the general.php file located in /includes/modules/sts_inc/ or would this cause a serious problem. Just looking for a confirmation before I go ahead and do it.

You should be able to just use the following:

$checkoutlogo

Place the above tag anywyhere on your HTML page and it will show the checkout graphic and link to the checkout process.

Hope this helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

Hello,

thanks for great contribution.

I have high modified osc shop. I installed your contribution and all works fine after a few changes.

But I have the problems with the js. If any file like product_info.php has a javascript in the code, then it doesn't work. I have many files with js script inside and all of them stopped work with js.

Could you help me with the problem?

Thanks,

Igor.

P.S. I use only sts_template.html and default module for all pages.

Here is something you might consider:

Okay, I stumbled across a contrib that actually had an explanation included with the package. In case anyone else has wondered how to implement javascript on their pages, here's what I found:

To reduce clutter of javascripts within your files just create a folder called 'scripts' in your catalog directory.

Next create a new text document in your favourite text editor called for example. 'dropdowninfoboxes' and paste the javascript code without the beginning <script> and end </script> tags.

Than save your new script file with the extension .js instead of ie. .txt etc. and place this in the new folder you created called 'scripts'

Now to call it in any page you want just paste this code:

<script language="JavaScript">

<script src="scripts/dropdowninfoboxes.js"></script>

Put after this code

<link href="stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> ... and before the ending </head> tag

Should look similar to this:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="print.css">

// begin call to javascript

<script language="JavaScript">

<script src="scripts/dropdowninfoboxes.js"></script>

// end call to javascript

</head>

<body marginwidth="10" marginheight="10" topmargin="10" bottommargin="10" leftmargin="10" rightmargin="10">

<!-- body_text //-->

Now no more messy javascript code mixed with your clean .php code.

I found the above and thought you might be interested.

One thing to keep in mind as far as your sts_template.html page is concerned, be sure you have the following code at the begining of your page:

<html>

<head>

<!--$headcontent-->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

You should be able to just use the following:

Place the above tag anywyhere on your HTML page and it will show the checkout graphic and link to the checkout process.

Hope this helped you out,

Bill Kellum

Bill,

Thanks for the help. I wanted to stay away from the $checkoutlogo b/c that's different from the checkout button and doesn't fit the flow of our page. But I added the following to the general.php file and it works perfectly:

$sts->template['checkoutbutton'] = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_checkout.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CHECKOUT) . '</a>';

I hope this helps others if they're looking for an alternative to the checkout tags already included with this contrib.

Hi guys

I have installed STS Plus v4.07 and it has been working great!

I now want to try and move my site from the catalog directory to the root. My images on my site are all broken, even though I (think I) have made the relevant changes in the configure files. In admin, the STS module seems to be uninstalled, even though it is still showing on the site. Basically, can anyone tell me if there are STS files I need to edit? Or whether I have just messed up my configure files?

Thanks

The answers to this question were all about a redirection, using javascript or meta tag. If the idea is to have the store in a folder, but that it looks like being in the root, I would recommend using Apache rewrite mode (if the server is Apache of course). Javascript can be ignored by search engines and by some users too. Meta tag has bad reputation.

If the idea is to have the store in the root, then install it in the root of the server and when it works with STS off, it will work with STS on.

In both cases, there is no STS modification needed. In case of a redirection, there could be a problem with the links to images in the templates.

- Rigadin

Here is something you might consider:

I found the above and thought you might be interested.

One thing to keep in mind as far as your sts_template.html page is concerned, be sure you have the following code at the begining of your page:

Thanks bkellum.

In this case I will need to change many files to separate js script from the code. Maybe I will do as you said... But for now I have an idea.

Why we cannot start capture at the end of application_top and finish it at the begin of column_left ? Then find all code between <head> </head> and display it . In this case all js will work.

What do you think about this idea?

Thanks,

Igor.

P.S. Sorry for my english. Let me know if you don't understand anything.

Edited by IGonza

I seem to be having a problem with STS Plus v4 I have tried just STS 3 aswell but there doesnt seem to be any padlock showing the certificate when I go on to secure pages. It works fine without STS installed but not when it is. I have also made no changes at the mo to the template.

:blush: hi there

just installed Reviews on Product Info Page v1.0 (3340)

and works fine but only for disabled sts plus system..

now read a little but still not sure about where to paste code..as far as i know i have to add the code to sts_user_code.php but this doesn't seem to work for me `? (maybe because i did something wrong :/ )

best regards z3p