• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[contribution] STS PLUS v4

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean how to change the skin of the infoboxes that display in the content area? Well, you have to find where they are build and change a function call. Example with includes/modules/new_products.php: near the end, call the function like this:

new contentBox($info_box_contents, true, 1);

Which will skin the box with skin number 1.

Anyone add a back button for the product info. pages? I'm trying to add one but am having a bit of difficulty. Here's what I have so far:

/*	$sts->start_capture();
$back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;
if (isset($navigation->path[$back])) {
echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>';
} else {
'<a href="' . javascript.history.go(-1)'">' . echo tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>';}
$sts->stop_capture('backbutton');	*/

I have put this into sts_user_code.php. I do get some errors with the javascript line. I'm not sure on the proper format. Can someone please off a little help? Thanks a million.

Ok so if anyone wants to add a back button here's how I did it.

Add the following line to wherever you want on the template page

<A HREF="javascript:history.back()"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK); ?></a>

Now look for this around line 193:

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?>

change it to:

<?php echo //'<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?>

and add this:

<A HREF="javascript:history.go(-2)"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING); ?></a>

it should now look like this:

<?php echo //'<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING) . '</a>'; ?><A HREF="javascript:history.go(-2)"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_continue_shopping.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE_SHOPPING); ?></a>

I was running into the issue of the back button now going back far enough. If you looked at an item and then added it to the shopping cart, clicked on continue shopping it would bring you back to the item page. You could then click back and it would bring you back to the shopping cart. So I hacked my way around it. When you click on continue shopping now it will take you back to the product listing page. Hope this helps others out. Sorry to clog up the forum with stupid posts.

I have just installed STS Plus(4.07) onto my test store, after I removed BTS. The only other contribution I am running is SPP.

I successfully installed as per instructions, and used compare and merge to manually edit the required files and then uploaded the "new" files. STS is installed in Admin, turn STS on - and use the Test template. Go to the store, CTRL F5 and my index is blank? Hmmm.....turn STS off and my default store is back.

Did I miss something? The only thing different to a stock standard store is I am not using catalog directory in my structure - doc root is /htdocs/nzcs (everything inside here) - so all the store structure is in the root directory.

So I am guessing - path names are wrong (looking for catalog) or something interfering eg SPP...but the compare and merge looked ok....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I have just installed STS Plus(4.07) onto my test store, after I removed BTS. The only other contribution I am running is SPP.

I successfully installed as per instructions, and used compare and merge to manually edit the required files and then uploaded the "new" files. STS is installed in Admin, turn STS on - and use the Test template. Go to the store, CTRL F5 and my index is blank? Hmmm.....turn STS off and my default store is back.

Did I miss something? The only thing different to a stock standard store is I am not using catalog directory in my structure - doc root is /htdocs/nzcs (everything inside here) - so all the store structure is in the root directory.

So I am guessing - path names are wrong (looking for catalog) or something interfering eg SPP...but the compare and merge looked ok....

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

I mean SPPC - Seperate Price Per Customer is installed. The path shouldn;t be a problem as I have everything on my store correctly set in /includes/configure.php...

Thanks

Mark

To Mark:

SPPC is not a problem. Try to run STS PLUS in debug mode (add sts_debug=debug in URL) and you will see some more informations, like which template is being used and what code is in the placeholders. Check if the path to the template is correct.

To qubertman:

There are some boxes that change depending if customer is logged in or if there is a product displayed. This is the behaviour of "old" STS and it is still same with STS PLUS for compatibility reasons. However, with STS PLUS you also have a placeholder for each infobox separately, so if you use both, you will sometimes see two times the same box. Check the doc, there is a complete list of placeholders with their meaning.

- Rigadin

To Mark:

SPPC is not a problem. Try to run STS PLUS in debug mode (add sts_debug=debug in URL) and you will see some more informations, like which template is being used and what code is in the placeholders. Check if the path to the template is correct.

- Rigadin

Ok, in the meantime I loaded it on my Linux server and got it working, must have been something on Windoze that it didn't like. I set debug mode in the admin and by running the url , but still got the blank page, I will tackle it again later.

Many thanks for your reply

Mark

I'm not sure if anyone has run into this issue. We get this error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: infoboxdefault in /home/blacksw/public_html/catalog/includes/boxes/product_notifications.php on line 48

This only happens when people log into their account and actually try to view items. The cart works fine if you add the items to the cart first and then login into your account but not the other way around. I'm a little confused.

Have you installed some kind of infobox manager? The box should be created using the following code (in product_notifications.php):

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

but in you case there is 'infoboxdefault' instead of 'infoBox'.

- Rigadin

Have you installed some kind of infobox manager? The box should be created using the following code (in product_notifications.php):

new infoBox($info_box_contents);

but in you case there is 'infoboxdefault' instead of 'infoBox'.

- Rigadin

Rigadin,

You hit the nail on the head. I completely forgot I had that installed. I had actually planned on removing but completely forgot. I do have another question if reference to the best way of utilizing the template system. If we were looking to offer multiple parts for one item, what would be the best way to go about it? Say it was a refridgerator with a parts diagram and we wanted to offer 20 parts. Would it be best to use the master/slave option or hardcode the parts list into the page? Awesome contrib. It has really made my life 10 tens easier.

Matt

Does anyone have a dummies guide to using this contribution :blush:

I have installed STS Plus v4 and all is working ok (i think it is) I have read the documentation over and over and am still confused.....

I turn on the default template in Admin, check the browser and I have the lovely orange header background with the OSCommerce logo and in the content I see the default OSC shop with This is the template index.php at the top....

I edit the sts_template.html as this from what I can understand it the default, I remove the $content placeholder. But it doesn;t change anything.... All the pages are the same, default OSC shop with the name of the template at the top...have I done something wrong?

Sorry to be such a dummy, but I am stuck, can someone boot me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

Mark

I have installed STS Plus v4 and all is working ok (i think it is) I have read the documentation over and over and am still confused.....

I turn on the default template in Admin, check the browser and I have the lovely orange header background with the OSCommerce logo and in the content I see the default OSC shop with This is the template index.php at the top....

I edit the sts_template.html as this from what I can understand it the default, I remove the $content placeholder. But it doesn;t change anything.... All the pages are the same, default OSC shop with the name of the template at the top...have I done something wrong?

Sorry to be such a dummy, but I am stuck, can someone boot me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

Mark

Many thanks

Mark

Many thanks

Mark

Sorry for the double post, my browser locked up, I am not having a very happy day

Can someone help me with using STS Plus and css. I have set up a product template but trying to apply a stylesheet is proving difficult. Does it take the styles from the overall stylesheet within catalog folder or does the css have to be set up somehow?

Ah, the world wide web. What a wonderful place.

Many thanks

Mark

I have a need for it too.

1. See Dick run!!

Be a good place to start

I'm trying to add a simple text link to tell_a_friend.php and am using STS Plus V4 but when I get to tell_a-friend.php I get "product not found". I used html like this:

<a href="tell_a_friend.php">TELL A FRIEND</a>

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? :blink:

Can someone help me with using STS Plus and css. I have set up a product template but trying to apply a stylesheet is proving difficult. Does it take the styles from the overall stylesheet within catalog folder or does the css have to be set up somehow?

STS Plus will use the css file located in your template directory.

Many thanks

Mark

Mark,

In the admin side of the cart double check your configuration. If you've enabled the default template, check to see if the Index template is enabled as well. If it is, you're going to need to edit index.php.html. I hope this helps.

Matt

I honestly love this contribution, It is soooooo awesome, I really wanted to say thank you for what is very clearly hard work! I am almost finished with the site but have run into a couple of problems....

After reading the manual I have successfully created a box called to action by the placeholder $relatedbox (it uses the optional related products contrib) and it works within the index.php.html and the sts_template.php.html but it wont workwith the product_info.php (for the content template)

So basically it works PERFECTLY like the calls "$categorybox,$manufacturerbox,$whatsnewbox....etc...) but i cant get it to work like the $regularprice,$productmodel, and the other placeholders that work in the content template (product_info.php)

Any ideas on what im doing wrong...again (not to be redundant) but it works as a Placeholder for infoboxes but not as Placeholder for product_info.php

Thanks so much for your hard work and any help would be greatly appreciated

If the infobox goes into a left or right column, then it has nothing to do with the content template. When you use a content template for your product_info.php page, another template is used for header, columns and footer (use the debug mode to see the path to this 'outside' template) and probably your infobox is missing on this one.

If the place of your infobox is under the content, then do like this (in the 'outside' template):

$content

$relatedbox

so $content will be replaced by the content template and $relatedbox by your infobox.

- Rigadin