• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Bypass Shipping

redrum

This contrib skip checkout_shipping.php in the checkout process.

If you only offer your customer one shipping option to choose from you might want to skip that.

Note that you can only use this contrib if you only have one shipping option. If you have two or more shipping options you can't use Bypass Shipping.

Please report bugs and feedback here.

// Fredrik

• 3 weeks later...
Is it somehow possible to bypass shipping only for a special time period a day ?

Lets say for example from 07am to 08am ?

I have no idea of how to do that.

I usually don't ask why people want to do certain stuff, and I hate when people just gives the answer "why do you wan't to do that?". But this time I can't help my self, why do you want to do that? :D

// Fredrik

Sometimes ago, I used a online shop for computer spare parts,

and they had an marketing special action on their site, that says, that orders places there during a time period gets free shipping.

Some kind of happy hour.

I found that quite a nice idea, so I asked :-)

Sometimes ago, I used a online shop for computer spare parts,

and they had an marketing special action on their site, that says, that orders places there during a time period gets free shipping.

Some kind of happy hour.

I found that quite a nice idea, so I asked :-)

Ok, I see.

But this contrib couldn't help you do that even if you fix it to just be activated whitin a specific time.

If you have one shipping option, that option is selected when you come to checkout_shipping.php. And what this contib do is simply hit the form-button for the customer. He will still be charged the shipping cost, if you have one.

// Fredrik

Ok, I see.

But this contrib couldn't help you do that even if you fix it to just be activated whitin a specific time.

If you have one shipping option, that option is selected when you come to checkout_shipping.php. And what this contib do is simply hit the form-button for the customer. He will still be charged the shipping cost, if you have one.

// Fredrik

Hi,

Thank you for your contribution. Just wonder if we can bypass checkout_payment.php as well. I've tried to modified some codes of checkout_confirmation.php but it didn't work. I want to go to checkout_confirmation.php page directly but it is redirected to checkout_shipping.php.

Thanks so much.

-SC

This contrib skip checkout_shipping.php in the checkout process.

If you only offer your customer one shipping option to choose from you might want to skip that.

Note that you can only use this contrib if you only have one shipping option. If you have two or more shipping options you can't use Bypass Shipping.

Please report bugs and feedback here.

// Fredrik

Fredrik,

Thank you for your contribution. Considering your concept, I can now go directly to the confirmation page.

</table></form>
<!-- auto submit form starts -->
<script language="javascript">
document.checkout_payment.submit();
</script>
<!-- auto submit form ends -->

-SC

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, redrum and sctsang. I was looking for something that takes the user straight from the cart to the confirmation page but there's one tiny problem.

If you're not logged in, and then you add an item to your cart, hit checkout and then sign in, it takes you to the shipping page like normal checkout does. Any way to remedy this?

• 7 months later...
wait a second. this contribution isn't working for me anymore. what the heck??

Hi,

I can't make this work! I only have PayPal selected as Payment method, but it still takes me to the PayPal screen to pay for a zero item good after the confirmation page. Am I missing something

X

MsMinxy

• 1 month later...
Hi,

I can't make this work! I only have PayPal selected as Payment method, but it still takes me to the PayPal screen to pay for a zero item good after the confirmation page. Am I missing something

X

MsMinxy

This contrib is a basic javascript that will bypass the shipping page whit a redirect in the checkout process. You dont want to bypass the paypal page if you want your customers to pay for your items.

// F

• 2 years later...