• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Normal small size picture in new products table instead of thumbnail

Kjolebutikken

Hi,

I'm selling dresses and I find that the small thumbnailpicture is too small to give the right first impression for my customers and also the quality is poor.

Therefore I would very much like the table on the frontpage of my shop (new products in december) to show normal small size (100X80) pictures instead. This I started on in my site before I discovered oscommerce. Here is a link to the page I made then. I would like the table to look somewhat the same, with same size of pictures:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/varer/varer.htm

Is this possible?

Also I wonder if it is possible to show the modelnumber for each product beneath the pictures in the table discussed above, between the picture and the link to the description preferable, but if not possible, beneath the description or somwhere there:-)

Hope somebody can help me out a little here.

Much appreciate it.

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Hi,

I'm selling dresses and I find that the small thumbnailpicture is too small to give the right first impression for my customers and also the quality is poor.

Therefore I would very much like the table on the frontpage of my shop (new products in december) to show normal small size (100X80) pictures instead. This I started on in my site before I discovered oscommerce. Here is a link to the page I made then. I would like the table to look somewhat the same, with same size of pictures:

Is this possible?

Also I wonder if it is possible to show the modelnumber for each product beneath the pictures in the table discussed above, between the picture and the link to the description preferable, but if not possible, beneath the description or somwhere there:-)

Hope somebody can help me out a little here.

Much appreciate it.

Kjolebutikken

Hi,

Answering to my own question here:-)

Found out that I also can change the hight in admin, after removing the number for with to get the right proportions. I now have the size that I want, more or less.

New problem:

When I uploaded my picture (uploaded as standard large size for internet) it became very larged pixeled in the thumbnail and not fine and with smooth lines like I would have it. It looks like a bad picturequality. When I changed the size in admin, this did not get better. Please look at my picture (blue dress left top of new products in december):

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/index.php

The original picture ( uploaded as standard small picture for internet) here in another page of my site. This is how I want the quality to be:

Very pleased if somebody know how:-)

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

install a thumbnail contribution. For the current images you cannot do much as the originals are smaller than the ones shown. So when you create images for your products, should be larger, to take care for the image placeholder dimensions defined in you osc admin panel. The thumbnail contributions can shring the image size to the pre-defined dimensions reducing the b/w required to d/l the final page while maintaining a good resolution and aspect ratio.

install a thumbnail contribution. For the current images you cannot do much as the originals are smaller than the ones shown. So when you create images for your products, should be larger, to take care for the image placeholder dimensions defined in you osc admin panel. The thumbnail contributions can shring the image size to the pre-defined dimensions reducing the b/w required to d/l the final page while maintaining a good resolution and aspect ratio.

Hi, thanks, just installed on the fly auto thumbnailer contribution, and it works fine:-)

After installing, I went into admin to set the size I wanted on the thumbnail. The problem is that the colored bordere behind my boxes in left menu now has been wider than the boxes and I would like to change it back so it fits the boxwith again. here is what I mean:

http://www.kjolebutikken.com/oscdemo1/index.php

Do you also know how to reduce the width of this border?

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

its in catalog\includes\application_top.php Its called BOX_WIDTH just change it. (Should be the correct place unless you've done other changes in the catalog files.)

its in catalog\includes\application_top.php Its called BOX_WIDTH just change it. (Should be the correct place unless you've done other changes in the catalog files.)

Hi again, tried to change in application_top.php from 125 til 70 but no change:

// customization for the design layout

define('BOX_WIDTH', 70); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

Is there somewhere else I could try? Have not changed anyting in the layout except removing some of the boxes with // .This is one of the free templates. Therefore I don't think I have changed anything that could influence.

Could it be something in stylesheet or sts template files? I don't know what I'm looking for. Maybe it has something to do with the background?

Best regards:-)

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

so you have sts? there could be something in there that causes this. But I haven't gone through that contribution to be able to help you there. It changes many parameters of the default osc store.

and here is the reason:

http://www.phppatterns.com/docs/design/tem...emplate_engines

Hi, no I have not installed STS, but there is a file named sts_template in my catalog/include directory. I don't know if it was there before or of it came with the design/template I got, but I know that when i f.ex was going to change the logo with my own, I had to do it here. It was not sufficient to change in the file described under oscommerce knowledgebase. So maybe it has a significance???

What I know is that I can correct it with decreasing the size of the thumbnails, because it is the picture in the specials box in the left side menu that causes this. When I increase the size it forces the border to be wider. But I would really like to have the size I have no on the thumbnails, so if there was a way to correct it without changing the imagesize back, that would be nice.

Well, if you have any more ideas, don't hesitate to reply again:-)

Thank you so mmuch for you help:-)

Kjolebutikken

Best regards

Kjolebutikken

Archived