• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sales email

varnco

I'm trying to figure out how to get the sales that are emailed to me using the "send extra emails to" from admin to have the "from" email address of the customer rather than my own store.

This makes it much easier to contact the customer if I have questions by just clicking "reply".

Plus, I rarely, if ever have to email myself a question, so having the "from" my store seems worthless.

I found this on the forum, but can't get it to work...

Around line 262 of checkout_process.php, change

CODE

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

to

CODE

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order . "\n" . $order->customer['email_address'] . "\n", STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to figure out how to get the sales that are emailed to me using the "send extra emails to" from admin to have the "from" email address of the customer rather than my own store.

This makes it much easier to contact the customer if I have questions by just clicking "reply".

Plus, I rarely, if ever have to email myself a question, so having the "from" my store seems worthless.

I found this on the forum, but can't get it to work...

Around line 262 of checkout_process.php, change

CODE

to

CODE

Any ideas?

If anyone can help me out with this it's appreciated. I can't seem to get the above code to work, and I'm not even sure I'm in the right place...

Archived