• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to Include Username & Password in Email Notification

gfxprinting

Hello Again,

Is there any way to include a new customer's username and password in their email notification when they sign-up?

I did search the forums and didn't see any similar topic.

I'm concerned because it appears very easy for people to create multiple accounts when they forget that they already signed up.

Thanks,

Barb

I don't think anything like that is available. You would need to grab the password when it is entered since, once encrypted, it cannot be read again. In create_account.php find where the creation was successful and alter the email to include the password (the username is the email address). But even with that information, there is nothing from preventing a visitor from creating duplicate accounts as long as they use a different email address.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't think anything like that is available. You would need to grab the password when it is entered since, once encrypted, it cannot be read again. In create_account.php find where the creation was successful and alter the email to include the password (the username is the email address). But even with that information, there is nothing from preventing a visitor from creating duplicate accounts as long as they use a different email address.

Jack

Thanks, Jack

I can see this is going to open up a can of worms with my customers ... they'll create

multiple accounts and wonder why they can't track their most recent order <ugh>

Barb

Archived