• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Specials Price Strikeout

jmsokol

I now have OSC up and running, but find that my retail price of $189 look like $109 when the line is drawn though it to show the specials price. I've tried to up the font size, but it still looks confusing. Any way to eliminate the line through the original price and just change the color to gray or make it go to italics font?

Thanks

Yes - just remove the <s></s> tags in the code of the pages you wish to remove it - you will also see the stylesheet class where you can change the colour - stylesheet.css

Matti

Yes - just remove the <s></s> tags in the code of the pages you wish to remove it - you will also see the stylesheet class where you can change the colour - stylesheet.css

Matti

Hmmmmmmm.......

Jut a tiny bit more help, please.

The only related file I found that has the <s></s> tags is /catalog/specials.php. I tried removing these tags, but still get the strikeout of the original price. Here's the link to my OSC page to see what it looks like: https://st02.startlogic.com/~fitsands/osCom...03caa9bc3b7e19b

I'm obviously missing something perhaps in the /includes/languages/english folder or elsewhere.

Againg, I want to eliminate the strikeout through the $189 price and perhaps just change its color to gray, or something to that effect that won't make my $189 original price look like $109.

Am I on the right track? I assume the <s> tag is what's used to change text into strikeout mode.

Thanks....

Mike

<s> is also in includes\modules\product_listing.php Use a search tool, even explorer will do, to search for all instances.

Excellent,

That was just the hint I needed. I removed the <s></s> tags from the above file and added a little text before the specials price to read "early registration price is only". This works WAAAAAAY better for my application.

Thanks for your help... I'm starting to get the hang of this.

Mike

Archived