• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Related Products - Building an order in steps

I posted this question under Features and Suggestions, but not sure if that is the correct area. Also, I may not have explained this very well. Here's another try:

My client sells CD Duplication. We'd like to build an ordering system that allows a customer to first choose the type of CD and quantity. Next, we'd like to direct the customer to a screen where they can choose a type of packaging (such as jewel case, paper sleeve, etc,). Next, a screen where they can choose from assembly options.

I'm sure we can add html links to the related products on each php page, including the shopping cart page, but it would be slick if there was a modification or contribution that would assist in the process.

Has anyone tackled this? Or, does anyone know of a contribution that will do this?

Thanks in advance!

You could find a wizard like script and use it as a framework for the particular CD sales application. Not sure if one exists on the osc contributions section but you could simply create a form and see how the osc checkout is done or simply post the variables from each page to the next (or store them in the dbase). The final page could process all info and generate the various product fields for the custom CD. Master products contribution could help, because they offer a base for custom attributes so you could modify the contrib to create product ids on the fly once the form is through.

You could find a wizard like script and use it as a framework for the particular CD sales application. Not sure if one exists on the osc contributions section but you could simply create a form and see how the osc checkout is done or simply post the variables from each page to the next (or store them in the dbase). The final page could process all info and generate the various product fields for the custom CD. Master products contribution could help, because they offer a base for custom attributes so you could modify the contrib to create product ids on the fly once the form is through.

Thanks for the great ideas. They are pretty far above my level of capabilities so far, but not to say I can't get it done. Any further thought is apprecated!

Archived