• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Reconfigure my index page???

gronlampa

My site is burried behind an index page that doesn't seem to be spidering propperly. I would like to drop the page that I made (before I had OS Commerce) and use the propper index.php that was built in.

Does anyone know how to do this? I have a very limited understanding of PHP but I can follow direction.

Thanks

Mikal

My site is burried behind an index page that doesn't seem to be spidering propperly. I would like to drop the page that I made (before I had OS Commerce) and use the propper index.php that was built in.

Does anyone know how to do this? I have a very limited understanding of PHP but I can follow direction.

Thanks

Mikal

Backup any files that you have in the root folder of your web site. Then assuming you have osC installed in /catalog/, copy all the files and folders that reside in the catalog folder and move them to your root folder. Then go into your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php and modify the path so that they point to the root folder and no longer the catalog folder. Basically something like this:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

becomes:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

That's just one example, you'll have to do it with each of the path definitions in the same manner. Do not delete anything you currently have under /catalog/ until you have everything working in your root folder. That way you have something to fall back on, as well as having your original files that you backed up in case something goes wrong.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Backup any files that you have in the root folder of your web site. Then assuming you have osC installed in /catalog/, copy all the files and folders that reside in the catalog folder and move them to your root folder. Then go into your includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php and modify the path so that they point to the root folder and no longer the catalog folder. Basically something like this:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');

becomes:

define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/');

That's just one example, you'll have to do it with each of the path definitions in the same manner. Do not delete anything you currently have under /catalog/ until you have everything working in your root folder. That way you have something to fall back on, as well as having your original files that you backed up in case something goes wrong.

Be well,

Tina

Hi Tina,

Thanks for the info. I tried what you said but it hasn't changed anything. It still shows the old index page. Do I have to remove it from the server and rename something else index? I realised that I hadn't been clear in my first posting. The index page that was the problem was one that I created outside of os commerce.

If you need to take a look at what I am talking about please go to www.gronlampa.com

Thanks,

Mikal

Hi Tina,

Thanks for the info. I tried what you said but it hasn't changed anything. It still shows the old index page. Do I have to remove it from the server and rename something else index? I realised that I hadn't been clear in my first posting. The index page that was the problem was one that I created outside of os commerce.

If you need to take a look at what I am talking about please go to www.gronlampa.com

Thanks,

Mikal

So what you need to do is physically move all the files that are under /catalog/ and put them in your root folder. You will likely be overwriting some things in your root folder when you do that, so I strongly suggest making a backup of the files and folders which currently exist there. I would also suggest doing a copy rather than a cut on your /catalog/ folder. That way if something goes wrong, you haven't deleted your currently working store.

Be well,

Tina

If you're not having fun you're not doing it right

Teach a person to fish rather than give them a loaf of bread or however that saying goes.

Archived