• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

default the newsletter checkbox as ticked in create account page

tradeconnect

How can I have the newsletter checkbox as ticked by default on the create_account.php page when someone is creating an account?

At the moment they have to tick it to sign up, whereas I feel it better to require them to UN-tick it if they do not want to receive our newsletter

Find this code at create_account.php

tep_draw_checkbox_field('newsletter', '1')

then replace it to this code

tep_draw_checkbox_field('newsletter', '1', $checked=true)

or

tep_draw_checkbox_field('newsletter', '1', true)

just try the 2, hope it helps

regards...

How can I have the newsletter checkbox as ticked by default on the create_account.php page when someone is creating an account?

At the moment they have to tick it to sign up, whereas I feel it better to require them to UN-tick it if they do not want to receive our newsletter

Be careful, newsletter ticked by default is not e-shopping friendly and can be considered as "spamming" by some customers !

one "friendly" practise is to make two buttons like that :

[ ] YES, I would like to receive the newsletter

[ ] No, I don't want to receive the newsletter. I'm aware that I will never receive any informations about the new products available...etc, to be completed.

Like that you dramatize (is it english???) the No but you don't force the customer to check YES. And there is an obligation to check something (you can add an error message if nothing is checked).

and it's Christmas so here is the code :

<td class="main">			  <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_radio_field('newsletter', '1') . '  ' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_YES . '<br>' . tep_draw_radio_field('newsletter', '0') . '  ' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_NO . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_GENDER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
		 </tr>. '  ' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_YES . '<br>' . tep_draw_radio_field('newsletter', '0') . '  ' . ENTRY_NEWSLETTER_NO . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_GENDER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
		 </tr>

you just have to populate the defines with your text !

MS2 2.2 fr + Manufacturer copy (5 manufacturers - modified to make it works) + More pics 6 + FCK Editor + zones shipping (modified without weight) + My contribution : Shopping Cart Management for Unique Products

I apologize in advance for my poor English I'm French !

• 2 months later...

Just going back to this old topic, I have implemented the code but I have the PWA contribution. The form that is brought up when the customer opts not to create account is Order_Info.php.

There is nothing in the order_info.pho file about a newsletter.

Can someone point in the right direction here?

Many thanks

Archived