• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Admin fails when using "Who's online"

djmonkey1

When using the "Who's online" tool my admin section will sometimes fail. It has done this twice in the last week.

All I do is click on a user's information line on the who's online page, and then I get this for every page in admin:

Warning: main(includes/languages/engli): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/engli' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') in /admin/includes/application_top.php on line 130

After this, the admin section of the site is inoperable for some period of time, and then comes back on it's own. Re-uploading application_top has no effect.

Line 130 is

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

What the hay is going on here?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

No help for you I am afraid, but I have a similar problem that might have a similar solution. Both the shop and the admin page is all of a sudden all blank but for the error messages. I haven?t changed anything to cause this error. The shop is not launced yet, and I never leave it in a non functional state when editing. Now both admin and shop area is "white".

Error message:

Warning: main(includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Inetpub\Hotel\cajenciav8ga6bm2\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/configure.php' (include_path='c:\php\includes') in D:\Inetpub\Hotel\cajenciav8ga6bm2\catalog\includes\application_top.php on line 33

Is include_path something that is controlled from the server settings that are handeled by my ISP?

I am really really lost here, and have spent several hours just looking for something I can have done to cause this, but I am sure now that no changes I did can hace caused this. All help is so appreciated!

The server is btw IIS, maybe something special for those?

/Inkan in Sweden

Thank you Nacer, I have sent my ISP a mail. It gives me an uneasy feeling that the ISP can change something on the fly without noticing me, that shuts down the entire webshop. I am glad it is not in sharp production, but if this fault is from a server setting, they will have to answer to a bunch of mote question from me.

Are there any way of finding out these kinds of things; server settings that might get your webshop to malfunction over night? Or, any way for me to finding out what that time limit is set to in order to determine if the ISP is acting "OK" and it is my scripts that "sucks" or if my scripts are "OK" and the ISP is overprotective to save capacity? What is a "normal time limit"?

Thank you so much, I really hope to get this fixed very soon!

These kind of things can really get you wondering if you should change ISP... (but let?s wait until we see if they can fix this... )

Happy New Year!!!

/Inkan in Sweden

Having lots of fun with the kids new "EyeToy" :D

djmonkey1,

I checked the line you get your error from, and it is exactly the same as in my application.top file.

Line 130 is
require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '.php');

My guess is that you have the same general problem as I have, but it shows in a different way. If there is some general php change in recommendations for server settings, more OSC users should have the same problem. Hopefully we will get to the bottom of this... soon!

Check with your ISP about the time limits for executing scripts, as suggested. I have, and I am awaiting a reply.

/Inkan in Sweden

I will get ahold of them after the holiday. I'm also having a problem with the site sometimes being extremely slow. This is very frustrating and I'm sure has resulted in lost sales. I've always had a high opinion of my hosting company, but now I'm not too sure....

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hi!

I have solved my problem now, at least I think that. The problem I had was due to that the new php version has got "open basedir restriction" on, meaning that you can not include a file by refering to the root only. I changed the row in application_top.php

require('includes/configure.php');

to include the physical path (as it is defined in configure.php, it has not been defined yet):

require('D:/inetpub/hotel/cajenciav8ga6bm2/catalog/includes/configure.php');

Maybe you can get a clue to go from that?

Good luck!

/Inkan in Sweden

• 1 month later...

So my website is suddenly and inexplicably looking for "includes/languages/engli". I decided to run an end-around and so uploaded a copy of my english.php that I had fiendishly named "engli".

My site is having none of my trickery and is giving me this error:

Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare tep_date_raw() (previously declared in /var/www/html/batman/includes/languages/engli:54) in /var/www/html/batman/includes/languages/engli on line 54

What does that mean?

Ok-

I tricked the site by hardcoding the language type into the offending code:

// include the language translations
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'english.php');
 $current_page = basename($PHP_SELF);
 if (file_exists(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'english' . '/' . $current_page)) {
include(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'english' . '/' . $current_page);
 }

This is annoying and ridiculous.

Archived